SX and DTB tour fans got to be cooler !

all4dametal

Aug 25, 2003
Hey Everyone,

I've noticed in both the SX and DTB forums that there has been alot of slamming going on. I just wanted to say that I am a big fan of both bands and that I think it's uncool for either bands fans to be slamming DTB or SX. These bands both went out and played there hearts out on this tour. Most of DTB got sick on the last week and were going to pull out of the tour, but they stayed and fininshed. I even read that Russell was so happy that they stayed on the tour cuz both bands got along so well. Yeah, I understand that Devin has a weird way of approaching crowds, but that is what he's been doing the last 10 years and after every show he is a totally cool guy to talk to.....it's all a gimmick ! The SX guy's are cool and they play Prog Metal and do a damn good job of it.....Devin IS NOT Prog at all. People have to understand this, don't slam someone cuz they are'nt Prog and don't slam someone if they are Prog. I admit this was a weird bill to tour, but it was a treat for myself to experience two different Genres of music in one night by two bands who are amazing to see live ! Both bands are awesome at what they do and I think more respect is due to both bands !

My whole point is.....if you don't have anything positive to say about SX or DTB don't bother saying it, especially if it's negative and on their own board ! I'm sick of reading negative shit on both the DTB board and the SX board, get over it people. I've said my peace, have an awesome day people !

Dear OfSinsAndShred,

Thats exactly what I'm talking about ! DTB's webmaster has always been cool and I was surpised he responded the way he did, I did'nt agree with it, although I get along with him. I think he was upset reading all the slamming about DTB as well, he just responded in a bad way. It's a shame, no doubt about it.

Honestly, the worst I saw on this forum was a few people saying they thought DTB sucked live. Or that his music is boring, which in either case is all a matter of taste. Yeah, maybe it shouldn't have been said as everyone has an opinion of their own, but that really is the worst I heard on this board. However, some of the guys on the DTB board got downright rude regarding SyX. Not only insulting the fans that they "heard" were harrassing Devin, but insulting the band themselves. That was totally uncalled for in my opinion.

In any case, I agree. This entire situation has gotten out of control and it is time for it to end. I myself was a big part of the action, but I can say in my defense that I never once bashed or insulted Devin's music, his band, or his performance in any way. On that note, I still can't figure out why that one guy (won't say his name here) hated me so much. Hmmm, that's one to be pondered. It was fun arguing with him though! :)

No need to worry, I appreciate SX and DTB equally (for different reasons naturally, I think there's no point in disputing who's a better guitar player or who writes more honest and emotional songs) and treated both bands favorably in my review of the show I attended, and I'm not the only one here who considers himself a fan of Devin's work...in fact, I remember there being an almost entirely positive thread about him posted just before the tour.

Getting negative shit out of your system is a good thing. I'd rather someone bash Devin Townsend or Symphony X than go and decapitate their grandmother. I'm all for bashin' 'n' slammin'.

I actually agree with whoever started this (too lazy to scroll up... i know, it's sad). I saw a lot of people getting bitchy about devin because he was having a sense of humor. i think symx fans need to lighten up (same goes for DTB if they were acting the same). Alas, it happens with all bands and tours.... it's hard to get a bill where fans on a board will agree. We saw the same bashing going on with SymX/Blind Guardian, SymX/Strato, etc. etc.

i agree with the oddyssey and all4dametal, Devin's humor should not be taken seriously. But i do think the DTB webmaster was being a dick and needed some ass kicking.

Devin IS NOT Prog at all. People have to understand this, don't slam someone cuz they are'nt Prog and don't slam someone if they are Prog.
I could go on a mini rant here about "prog" versus actually being progressive, but that's for another thread.

Both bands rule, and some of both bands fans were retarded... end of story.