best SX song moment?

can't quite count this as a "song moment" but about 2 years ago after their set at Gigantour Russ was sittin not ten feet from me. Pretty fuckin awesome. and i didn't go out like a punk.. i spoke to him. freakin awesome as hell. he had a beer in one hand and his other arm around his lady. That's what we call pimp. As far as song moments? Gotta agree with FireMarshall... Last verse of The Odyssey blows my mind everytime.

The Odyssey - The last part it's just a masterpiece....

Guys, just a short question, SX are playing on 31 October as special guest with DM in Switzerlan...How big is the chance that they will play the Odyssey???

greetz
wahreHelden

In my opinion this is the most diverse thing Symphony X has ever done.

Probably. I really love how the jazz comes in as such an unexpected element. Something like this could have sounded forced and unfitting in other cases, but the band pulls it off in an otherwise hard rocking song.

And yes, Awakenings gets overlooked. Fantastic music with meaningfull lyrics.

I like Awakenings a lot... especially the bass in the beginning. The piano sounds really "new agey" in that part too. Also their most jazzy song. The organ is practically all Jazz Fusion, which just may be my favorite genre of music to listen too. There's also the part that sounds exactly like a song from "Enter By the Twelfth Gate"

15:20 of 'The divine wings of tragedy' - the huge orchestral part where the key moves up a minor third.

10:30 of 'The divine wings of tragedy' - "The prophet cries!..."

Prior to the first verse of 'Evolution'

"Can we, can you, can we change" from 'Rediscovery pt. 2'

The last choir part of 'Rediscovery pt. 2' (especially keeping in mind the same theme is played earlier in 'On the breath of Poseidon'

I'm getting goosebumps just typing these down...

"Radiant lady in white.. maiden of the snow... a winter's stare through veils that steal my sight... in the night, she calls" from 'Lady of the snow'

"As I lay my head to rest, your absence will surround me and I'll die another death" (awesome when the harmony comes in) from 'Whsipers'

During the intro of 'Communion and the oracle' with the galloping palm muted guitars

"My shadow burniiiing... my shadow BURNING ACROSS THE LAND!!!" from 'Fallen'

More recently:

"Love is a tragedy" from the title track of 'Paradise lost'

"Wear this mask of fire, and burn, BURN!!!... for all you desired!" from 'Seven'

"Wings of war they pulverize!" from 'The walls of FUCKING Babylon"

Symphony X is a thing of beauty.

The guitar solo that rips in on "Candlelight Fantasia". Or perhaps the very end of Divus Pennae ex Tragoedia when they recap that powerful chord progression from Oculus!