Sym X "Best song on each album" thread

S/T - A Lesson Before Dying
Damnation Game - The Edge of Forever (duh)
Divine Wings - Candlelight Fantasia
Twilight - Church of the Machine
V - There is none. I can't stand alienating o ne song from the whole concept. You just need the whole thing.
The Odyssey - King of Terrors
Paradise Lost - Revalation bitches!!!

I don't have the album listings in front of me, so forgive me if I name more than one song from the same album. My sons get to keep the CD inserts; they have a notebook they protect them in. Some of them have awesome art on them. But here are my faves:

Wicked
Fallen
Eve of Seduction
Lie of Lies
Serpent's Kiss (this one had to grow on me, but that guitar solo in the middle SLAYS me; cool video)
Church of the Machine
Orion the Hunter

Guess you can tell I like the harder stuff............

You know its really hard to choose a All time favorite from each album...it really depends on the mood im in but currently its

Symphony X-dont own :cry:
The Damnation Game-S/T
The Divine Wings of Tragedy-The Accolade
Twilight in Olympus-In The Dragons Den
V:The New Mythology Suite-Fallen
The Odyssey-Accolade II
Paridise Lost-Domination

The Divine Wings Of Tragedy---The Accolade(Their best album. Loved The Accolade, Sins N' Shadows, and TDWOT)
Twilight In Olympus---Smoke And Mirrors(Not my fav album)
V - The New Mythology Suite---The Death Of Balance/Lacrymosa(This album for me had alot of good songs, but no "great songs")
The Odyssey---Accolade II(2nd best album imo, Accolade II and the Odyssey imo are 2 of their 3 best songs)
Paradise Lost---Paradise Lost(3rd best album)

Well, this is my first post, so i would like to introduce myself a little. I am a new, but hardcore Symphony X fan. I have all their albums, and am planing to see them live in April. I like their longer, slower, and more classical songs.
So far, i have introduce Symphony X to 3 new people and now they love it. Spreading the great noise of Symphony X!!! :headbang:

Redragon

Symphony X - Don't like anything (don't care for the first singer)
The damnation game - Whispers
The divine wings of tragedy - Out Of The Ashes
Twilight in Olympus - The Relic
V: The new mythology suite - Evolution
The odyssey - Accolade II
Paradise lost - Seven

Many of these were a tough decision.
Too bad they're not doing any of these songs on their current tour...

- NS

Alright guys, here is my list of this stuff, finally! After giving it long long thought!

Symphony X:
Thorns of Sorrow
The Damnation Game: Edge of Forever
The Divine Wings of Tragedy: Really really really, hard but I have to go with Sea of Lies
Twilight in Olympus:Another really hard one... Smoke and Mirrors
V: Rediscovery pt II
The Odyssey:The Odyssey
Paradise Lost:Seven

One of the reasons I love SX so much is that they are so diverse. For instance, one of my friends loves the hard, fast metal type of SX songs(Sins and shadows, Fallen, Domination etc etc) while I love the slower more classical songs(Accolade, Odyssey, Sacrifice, Paradise Lost etc etc)

Btw i have a quick question....

Is the Masquerade on V: The New Mythology Suite and the Odyssey the exact same???
Thanks in advance!

Redragon :headbang:

Symphony X ::: Masquarade
The Damnation Game ::: The Edge of Forever
The Divine Wings of Tragedy ::: Sea of Lies
Twilight In Olympus ::: Smoke and Mirrors
V ::: Egypt
The Odyssey ::: Incantations of the Apprentice
Paradise Lost ::: Set the World on Fire

The last 3 albums it was very hard to choose, because I love all the songs equally.

One of the reasons I love SX so much is that they are so diverse. For instance, one of my friends loves the hard, fast metal type of SX songs(Sins and shadows, Fallen, Domination etc etc) while I love the slower more classical songs(Accolade, Odyssey, Sacrifice, Paradise Lost etc etc)

Is the Masquerade on V: The New Mythology Suite and the Odyssey the exact same???
Thanks in advance!

Pretty sure it's the same remake...

Thanks in advance!

Yeah, it's the same. Most versions of V shouldn't have Masquerade bonus track though.

And Welcome to the forums:headbang:

This probably goes without saying, but since divine wings there isn't a song I don't like. But here is goes.

Damnation Game-Whispers

This probably goes without saying, but since divine wings there isn't a song I don't like. But here is goes.

Damnation Game-Whispers
Twilight in Olympus-Lady of the Snow
Divine Wings-Candle light fantasia
The Odyssey-The Odyssey
V-A Fool's Paradise
Paradise Lost-Revelation
Don't have the first one but I love the Masquerade bonus track. Going to see them again in cleveland april 12.

I believe I have turned symphony x onto about 5 other people, all who love them. Awsome band. Kinda hope that play a different setlist then last time. If only a little different, understand they are still supported the new cd.

ST-Masquerade
Damnation Game- Damnation Game
Divine Wings of Tragedy- The Accolade
Twilight in Olympus- Through the Looking Glass
V-Communion and the Oracle
The Odyssey- The Odyssey
Paradise Lost- Walls of Babylon

The divine wings of tragedy: Sea of lies
Twilight in Olympus: Smoke and mirrors
V: The New Mythology Suite: Fallen, Evolution, Egypt, Communion and the oracle (can't decide)
The Odyssey: The odyssey (inferno comes close second, king of terrors 3rd)
Paradise lost: The serpent's kiss, Revelation, Set the world on fire, Eve of seduction, Seven, Domination (this album is perfect, I can't choose... )