Russell's Vocals

Ultimate_Symphony

Rusted Angel
Jul 18, 2002
ah well it's been a while since i've make a thread so let's make one of my fav. singer:D

what are your favorite vocal performances from Russell? (songs)

my choices (no limit)

A Fool's Paradise
Rediscovery Part 2
The Relic
Candlelight Fantasia
Lady Of The Snow
In The Dragons Den
Dressed To Kill
Smoke And Mirrors
Accolade 2 (yes i downloaded it:D )
The Odyssey (also:D )
Through The Looking Glass
Of Sins And Shadows
The Bird Serpent War/Cataclysm
Egypt
The Divine Wings Of Tragedy
Masquerade 98'

there should be some interesting choices :hotjump:

Originally posted by The Yngster
Its not that your thread sucks, its just that when does he ever not sound great? My choice is every SX song.

hehe thx for the support but actually i was joking with my last two posts:D i agree russell one hella good vocalist but usually there are some parts or songs that stand out, that's what i was looking for.

All of them!:D
But if I was forced to choose, Dawn of a Million Souls(I'm an Ayreon fan at heart :p), The Accolade, Fallen, and Wicked.

Well... I'd say:

All songs from The Damnation Game
All songs from The Divine Wings of Tragedy
All songs from Twilight in Olympus + Masquerade '98
All songs from V - The New Myth Suite
All songs from Live on the Edge of Forever
All songs from The Odyssey

PLUS

The Dawn of a Million Souls, The Eye of Ra and Set Your Controls...

Enough, huh?! heheheheh!!!

I like all of his vocals (boring reply eh?) Star One he's pretty good. And if not for that annoying fucker Damien Wilson, I would have liked that album a lot more. :mad: :mad:

Originally posted by Ultimate_Symphony
what are your favorite vocal performances from Russell? (songs)

A few faves...
Lady of the Snow. Okay, so I'm a sucker for the mushy stuff. But can anyone hear this song and not melt?

Wicked. I need a change of panties after this one. Whew!:oops:

Egypt. RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIISE my minions.... The first time I saw SX live and Russ nailed that part, I could have died a happy woman right then and there.

A Winter's Dream. You've all heard it, so I don't need to explain why I love it so much. :)

Awakenings. This is quickly becoming a strong contender for my favorite song of 2002.

Fallen. And that chorus is so damn catchy, too. ;)

There are more, but I don't have all day. :lol:

~Christina

Originally posted by Stardust2112
A few faves...
Lady of the Snow. Okay, so I'm a sucker for the mushy stuff. But can anyone hear this song and not melt?

Egypt. RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIISE my minions....

Awakenings. This is quickly becoming a strong contender for my favorite song of 2002.

~Christina

:)

Me
"Bound by this passion, I'm begging you please let me go There is no escaping the feeling, I can't fight anymore ..."

Out Of The Ashes
"In the house of my master." <--- that rips!

Egypt
"Gaze in these eyes my child and see - here by my side, you're destined to be fears in the night flee with the sun - if we are One
Kingdom of gold I lay at your feet - Ruler of Time and Space you will be rivers of truth forever will run - if we are One"

The Eyes Of Medusa
"Endless, timeless, faceless terror to the isle of deadly shores
Sightless, countless, ageless torture to behold the sight of Medusa's eyes"

Candlelight Fantasia
"From within the mirrors eyes I'm forced to run away and hide I feel those mystic eyes subside And leave my blind Through passages in time A prisoner locked behind the door Lonely roses slowly wither and die ..... "
*melts and dies*

Whispers
"When all the angels cry sadness reigns upon us all white doves fade to black With the absence of the heart we could never smile we can feel the bitter tears ....."

The Edge Of Forever
"Draped in a silken glow of moonlight through the mist I see, a lucid cathedral appears to me. Pray for a glimpse of touch of sunlight chain our shadow down, night settles in, my love, you never make a sound... "

The Divine Wings Of Tragedy
"Lookin' out on a blue sky
I can see a new world arising
Like a prisoner unbound
I feel the power; and the majesty again."
The Prophet's Cry
The prophet cries Vast battalions rage on in the sky Rising rom the north - the bringer of war Eve of destruction Summon all who have 'power over fire' Impending doom from shore to shore ....."
Paradise Regained
"Lookin' up to the heavens
I can see what I left behind
Beneath the stars, moon, and warm sun
And all I know
Is my paradise has begun..."

Of Sins And Shadows
"Passing through the void
The darkest grand illusion
Chaos riding on the wind!!"

The Accolade
"The morning sun down his chosen road he rides to save the world cross of crimson, robe of white sworn to the quest for the rest of his life play shields and wooden swords slaying dragons as a knight of Arthur's Court trained to kill, to sing a song youthful hope to right the wrong ... "

Awakenings
"Needless to say another day has passed away, yet everything and nothing has changed.
Awake I lie, my thoughts get lost up in the sky, needless to say nothing will change.
Maybe a mystic with fortunes to tell surrender my coin at the old wishing well,
maybe the stars will alight in the night, to show me the path that is right... "
*OMG* THE most beautiful vocal performance I have ever heard BESIDES Lady Of The Snow, I hasten to add....

Pharao
"Mystic gods of the stars - I summon thee from afar ..." <-- simple yet effective

Starchild Star One
"Something's strange, I'm so confused I don't know why.
I've been designed to tell the truth, I cannot lie.
I heard the news, a mystery, a strange device
I'm so afraid, I just can't see through all these lies."

No need to comment on "Dawn Of A Million Souls" - it's just great.

"Lost evermore the essence of truth. Although she tried in vein to
bring us peace, it will ever rest in our hands.
We've cried a thousand tears for all we had, and all the things we could have been, we must find our way again..."

This just kills me. He's amazing!

Alden