Sym X "Best song on each album" thread

Just want to comment that on some of these albums it is way harder to choose one song than on others....anyway...

S/T- Masquerade
DG- On the Edge of Forever
DWoT- title track (only cause all the other tracks besides Accolade are short and pretty simple)
TiO- Church of the Machine (hard choice here)
V- Fallen
Odyssey- Awakenings
PL- Set the World on Fire (very hard choice.....most melodic imo)

This should have been like choose your favorite ballad and heavy song off of each album really. I tend to like the most well rounded songs which PL doesn't really have any songs like that; therefore, I had the hardest time deciding from that album.

I agree. And you're choises are very close to mine, every choise was either my number 1 or number 2 choice.

DG: A Winter's Dream
DWoT: The Accolade
TiO: Through the Looking Glass
V: Communion and the Oracle
O: Accolade II
PL: Revelation

SX - Rapture or Pain - no question here.
Damnation Mother Fucking Game - The Edge of Forevever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
TDWoT - Candlelight Fantasia
TiO - The Relic
V - Rediscovery Pt. II
The Odyssey - Frontiers
Paradise Lost - Revelation

Amen to whoever said Whispers. Aside from TEoF, Whispers is BY FAR the song I absolutely need to see live.

This is too hard to pick, but here goes:

S X - Don't have
Damnation Game - The Edge of Forever
Divine Wings of Tragedy - The Divine Wings of Tragedy
Twilight in Olympus - Through the Looking Glass
V - Rediscovery pt. 1 and 2
The Odyssey - The Odyssey (just above Awakenings!!!!)
Paradise Lost - Paradise Lost (just above Set the World on Fire)

thank you guys sooooo much for that info on frontiers! i can't believe i didn't know about that. listening first time now... so far i like what i hear.

Why didn't they just put it on the regular Odyssey?! It would have made the album better. It's got a lovely bass part.

MJR believed that it didn't fit the "flow" of the album. The lyrics are about space travel, so I could see where it wouldn't fit in lyric-wise, but musically it would blend in great! It's certainly a stronger song than Wicked, Incantations, or The Turning...

yeah but... wicked is SOOOOO badass.

I like wicked alot to , even tho i see alot of post saying its a weak or mainstream song I love it.
It just proves to me they don't have to write a full epic with lots of changes and off timeing to get me going.
And yes being a guitar player it is a simple song BUT its has a great hook and yes it is bad ass!!!

SX - Masquerade
DG - The Edge of Forever
TDWOT - Candlelight Fantasia
TIO - Through the Looking Glass
V - A Fool' s Paradise
TO - Awakenings
PL - Revelation

SX - Rapture or Pain
TDG - Savage Curtain
TDWOT - Out of the Ashes
TIO - Through the Looking Glass
V - Death of Balance
TO - Incantations of the Apprentice
PL - Seven

Clarence, I gotta ask why you seem to dislike The Turning? I've seen you elude mention on a few threads and I'm just curious is all. Personally, it might be 2nd or 3rd favorite on The Odyssey.

I kinda feel the same way as Clarence about The Turning. It's not that I hate it...it just seems rather standard and "filler" when compared with much of the album. Kind of like "Seven" on PL.