Russell's Vocals

Wicked (She saaaaaiiiiiiheeeeeieeaaaaaaiid)
Awakenings (needless to say...)
Odyssey's title track
well.. the whole odyssey album actually.. except for king of terrors, he sings pretty good on that one but I think it's a little bit over the top with agression in his voice.

Rediscovery pt 2 (He's taken form in human likeness, and manifest himself in all our darkest dreams!!)
Candlelight Fantasia (IMO his best performance ever for SyX)

Star One's "Starchild", and "The Eye of Ra", it's funny when hearing Dan Swanö's thin high not-very-good voice, and right after that Russel's POWERFUL voice.

Lady of the Snow
Egypt
Out of the Ashes
The Edge of Forever

Originally posted by Stardust2112
A few faves...
Lady of the Snow. Okay, so I'm a sucker for the mushy stuff. But can anyone hear this song and not melt?

Wicked. I need a change of panties after this one. Whew!:oops:

Egypt. RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIISE my minions.... The first time I saw SX live and Russ nailed that part, I could have died a happy woman right then and there.

A Winter's Dream. You've all heard it, so I don't need to explain why I love it so much. :)

Awakenings. This is quickly becoming a strong contender for my favorite song of 2002.

Fallen. And that chorus is so damn catchy, too. ;)

There are more, but I don't have all day.
~Christina

:lol: Better get those panties changed Star:lol:;)

thanks for the replies everyone I see that pretty much everyone agrees with me on some picks :D btw Pablo, Snowy and Karel great picks guys :)

So far, anything I've heard except perhaps King of Terrors and the chorus on Orion - The Hunter. The first one just reminds me of PAntera, which is something I don't want when I listen to Symphony X. The vocal line on the chorus of the latter just strikes me as, well, bad.
Tha Accolade II, on the other hand is just fantastic. As is all the Ayreon records his on, and of course Star One.

Vald, I'm really suprised that you say you don't want to hear Pantera when you listen to Symphony X, because there is a major Pantera element in Symphony X riffs a lot of times. The song Wicked from The Odyssey in particular sounds A LOT like a Pantera riff, way more than King of Terrors.

Yes, but this discussion was about vocals, was it not? I definitely agree that Pantera has some of the greatest riffs, and Symphony X has obviously been influenced by them, but I really do prefer the vocals in Symphony X. If Symphony X started sounding like the King of Terrors on every song, it would no longer be the Symphony X I like, but just another imitation of Pantera.