Female fans?

seen as we are all coming out (no not in *that* way)..im female too ;) totally dig SyX and DT oh and Threshold (LadyOfTheSnow) and others too, like im just starting to get into Opeth after getting a very indepth lesson from Bumblefoot heehee thanx hun! But i wanna hear some more bands ....so gimme some mo'!

Oh and btw girls, if yer having trouble getting SyX shirts to fit, just make your own!!!! Thats what i do, with tshirt transfers....hmmm come to think of it, they transfer onto anything....even underwear *grin*

Wow... girls... where are you at all those prog-concerts where I hardly see any other women apart from those pulling a sour face for they were dragged along by their boyfriends.....! Wish we could bang-off together sometime!
I do have other female "metal-friends" but none of them likes the "demanding, complex" stuff really; they're all into Black- Goth- or Powermetal....
Ah well.... great getting to know you lot here!! (and yes, do visit me on the Threshold board sometimes if you like... it can get a little lonely and quiet there!)

Lady of the Snow....: YOU ARE SOOOO LUCKY!!! I would *love* to see the Star One live as well - with Damian and Sir Russell ... performing Starchild... Arjen's magical soundscapes..... *melt-away* .... but my hubby won't let me go (although Aschaffenburg is only some 2-3 hours drive away - NOTHING!).... *sniff*
Tell me all about how it was later, promise??!!!!

Fee: Great to hear a prog-metal-female from SCOTLAND!! I thought the scene was DEAD in the entire UK?
If you like the above mentioned bands and are looking for more stuff.... try those, listing some random faves of mine:
(assuming you know Rush, Queensryche & Co.)
Vanden Plas
Pain of Salvation
Psychotic Waltz
Enchant (new album is SUPERB!)
Kamelot (you agree Lady of the Snow, don't you?! ;-))
Evergrey (and again....!)
Shadow Gallery
Poverty's no Crime
Ark
and if you like Opeth as well.... try
Children of Bodom
In Flames
Dark Tranquillity
Soilwork

More don't spring to mind right now although there's hundreds more....

Oi, Fee, did you know your Nick means "fairy" in German? Deliberately chosen like that??

Wish we could bang-off together sometime!
I do have other female "metal-friends" but none of them likes the "demanding, complex" stuff really; they're all into Black- Goth- or Powermetal....
A big gathering of all the real female prog fans would be so interesting!

Lady of the Snow....: YOU ARE SOOOO LUCKY!!! I would *love* to see the Star One live as well - with Damian and Sir Russell ... performing Starchild... Arjen's magical soundscapes..... *melt-away* .... but my hubby won't let me go (although Aschaffenburg is only some 2-3 hours drive away - NOTHING!).... *sniff*
Tell me all about how it was later, promise??!!!!
If Arjen don't perform Starchild, he'll have to deal with me personally LOL ;) Something's changed, I'm so confused, I don't know why.... OMG, Sir Russell's voice is giving me the chills.
I will let you know about the gig, no problem. But your hubby won't let you go? Aww, let me have a word with him LOL

Hehe, yes!! And I Looooove Psychotic Waltz!!
I'm gonna expose myself here to you now (so, go ahead, kill me then... LOL
I do not like POS (the big battle of the moment everywhere, I guess, Evergrey or POS: Evergrey gets my thumbs-up. POS depress the heck outta me... *runs and hides*)
I have given Opeth a spin, but well, not my cuppa tea! Aahh...

By the way, Threshold's - Falling Away is such a B-U-T-Ful track!! ;)

Originally posted by Madrigal
Wow... girls... where are you at all those prog-concerts where I hardly see any other women apart from those pulling a sour face for they were dragged along by their boyfriends.....! Wish we could bang-off together sometime!

Yeah! it would be wonderful hehe! :D
Ah well.... great getting to know you lot here!! (and yes, do visit me on the Threshold board sometimes if you like... it can get a little lonely and quiet there!)
LOL :lol: i know what you mean... not that i've been to maaaany concerts in my life, but i could hardly see as well Progmetal liking females... all those i've seen were all in a *black metal-vampiristic-fashion mood* :D or as you said, liked the simplest powermetal... as i pronounced the fatidic words: "and SYMPHONY X?" all putting a face like "oh god, that's too complicate, too many rithm changes" or "oh god, the voice is too clean" ROFL :lol:
YES, indeed, she's lucky ;)
if i would have been at home, i'd have drove from italy to germany or somewhere else to see Star One... but i'll be away, so i'm gonna miss it :(
Anyways, why wouldn't someone pertain you from going there if it's only a 2 hours drive? all the times i'm goin to concerts, 3 hours drive is the minimum i have to do... and pretty much anyone is able to stop me ROFL :D (i associate on Lady of the Snow's proposal of talking with your hubby mouhaha :devil: )
... listing some random faves of mine:
(assuming you know Rush, Queensryche & Co.)
Vanden Plas
Pain of Salvation
Psychotic Waltz
Enchant (new album is SUPERB!)
Shadow Gallery
Poverty's no Crime
Ark
and if you like Opeth as well.... try
Children of Bodom
In Flames
Dark Tranquillity
Soilwork
There are a lot from this list i still have to check out... i agree on PoS (i know Lady of the Snow, they can get a lil depressing at times... but i like the style hehe :) ), Shadow Gallery, Poverty's no Crime, In Flames (i used to hear them a lot ago, now they're not in my top list anyways), Opeth (but i've heard very few of it)... I'll give a check as soon as i can to Kamelot and Evergrey :D

X-Greets!
Knight_

Originally posted by Lady Of The Snow

A big gathering of all the real female prog fans would be so interesting!

YES! Some day... some place..... we'll have to manage that! Who knows... distances in Europe are really not *that* vast, after all!

If Arjen don't perform Starchild, he'll have to deal with me personally LOL ;)

Hehehehehe... you can BET he'll play that one!

Hehe, yes!! And I Looooove Psychotic Waltz!!

YES! You really really do have taste! Cor... unbelievable! Suppose you also like DEAD SOUL TRIBE????

I do not like POS (the big battle of the moment everywhere, I guess, Evergrey or POS: Evergrey gets my thumbs-up. POS depress the heck outta me... *runs and hides*)

WHAT?! YES, YOU BETTER HAD RUN AND HIDE! Hehehhehe... nah, I can understand POS being not everyone's taste and I know a few people who otherwise share the same favourties apart from POS (they say they miss the chunky rhythms). To me they are also "special" 'cause of the lyrics.... I like lyrics that go on about how.... *f**cked* our world is somehow.... gives me some comfort to see/hear that I'm not the only one who worries so much about our oh so wounded land!!!

I have given Opeth a spin, but well, not my cuppa tea! Aahh...

Have you actually waited for the **clean & acoustic** parts to set in???

By the way, Threshold's - Falling Away is such a B-U-T-Ful track!! ;)

AGREED!!! I listened to it about 20 times today! Can't wait for the new album (that you were RIGHT about having "this feeling"!)

Ooops.... messed it up with the quoting a little here! So far I never had the need for this feature, but now that I found fellow "long-posters" I do!!! But you'll get my bits, Lady of the Snow, I'm sure!

Knight, if you are used to long drives..... maybe one day you'll come to the Z7 in Pratteln to bang along with me??? We have great gigs on and just the other day I had 3 Italians staying with us when they came from Milano to see Blind Guardian! So... if Symphony X come here again (they did three times so far), you can come and visit !!!!

Aaaah... yes, do go and talk to my hubby..... he is **SUPPOSED** to be into metal as well... but not as passionate as me wanting to travel miles for my fave bands!
Say, in October there's ProgPower in Holland that I am..... **DESPERATE** to go to (it's about 5-6 hours drive)... with Threshold (MY KINGS OF MUSIC!) to headline but also... Heaven's Cry - a Canadian Band with only ONE album released so far (I have it for years now and really LOVE this one release!) AND... also Dead Soul Tribe....... Buddy Lackey's new band will play there.... and also Sun Caged, band where ex-Lemur Voice guitarist now plays..... and After Forever are also great as are Divided Multitude and Everon of course......
So this REALLY REALLY REALLY hurts being TOLD OFF to go there like a little schoolgirl - he would not even let me go on my own (or even less so!) which I really cannot grasp properly......
Do you think I am being silly or is he???? Sure *you* can understand ???? (hehehehe... and yes, tell him he should let me go.... his nick here on UM is Light).

IS ANYONE HERE GOING TO PROGPOWER 2002 in HOLLAND???

Originally posted by Madrigal
So this REALLY REALLY REALLY hurts being TOLD OFF to go there like a little schoolgirl - he would not even let me go on my own (or even less so!) which I really cannot grasp properly......
Do you think I am being silly or is he???? Sure *you* can understand ???? (hehehehe... and yes, tell him he should let me go.... his nick here on UM is Light).

How far of a trip is it to ProgPower? Is it an affordable trip? Is it a trip you could make safely alone? Is the timing bad as far as having other things scheduled that time of year? Just trying to figure out if there's a legitimate reason for him to want you to skip the show..if there's not, then..

Hey Light..let your lovely wife go to ProgPower!!!

hehe :D

Jax, who's been to every ProgPowerUSA & will be continuing that trend in November :cool:

Originally posted by Heidi
Lee, a new way to meet girls?:rolleyes:

I thought you knew I like SymphonyX! Umm... Well, it's not in my top5 so... But it's great. :D And I definitely want to see them live! :eek:

:)

:lol:

Damn, my evil plan her been foiled! I was planning on trying to establish a harem of female prog metat fans, and turning them into a female army of deadly assassins, just like Colonel Gadaffi did.

Well, not really girl,woman, ect in here, just some that are in my mind.... ;)

Asia - Desire
Def Leppard - I Wanna Touch U
Def Leppard - Pour Some Sugar on Me
Def Leppard - Have You Ever Needed Someone So Bad
DIO - Hungry For Heaven
EZO - House Of 1,000 Pleasures
EZO - Kiss Of Fire
Giuffria - Lethal Lover
Giuffria - Turn Me On
Gypsy Rose - Make me do Anything you Want
Hardline - Hot Cherie
Headpins - Feel It (Feel My Body)