"Enemies of Reality" to be Remastered

i really hope this is true. the sample of EOR i have sounds like asscrack...and you'd better not be lying general zod, or i will hunt you down when you least expect it, and you'll awake in the night only to see a pillow put over your face and hear a 'pop'. i mean that motherfucker.
-neal

I definately believe that the sound quality of this promo is how Nevermore or CM wanted to be (meaning crappy), just being sure that everyone buys the album when it comes out, which of course will have kick-ass sound! No doubt! I bet that if this promo had the proper production, many ppl (don't look at me.. :D) wouldn't buy the album...

I wouldn't count on that. They generally aren't going to do an extra mix just for a promo. And from what I heard in that song (EOR) remastering can only help a little. It seems that there was a lot of mudd in it that could only be fixed with a remix. I hope I'm wrong though.

I would be very surprised if they did remix/master it. If they already made promos in the cardboard sleeve then this puppy is done. It would cost them too much money to re do it now.

I don't care, this cd rips my face off...I think it is awesome!! Only 2 songs I would drop off of it, but that is no biggie.

Nevermore deserve to rule the WORLD!!!!!!!!
headbob.gif

In this day and age where bands are putting out shit music, we as fans should be happy that Nevermore have actually done some progressing while not wimping out one bit. This stuff is at times heavier and faster than anything they had done in the past.

Van and Jeff are incredible on it!!! I will do my part to get the word out on this release, the guys deserve it!!

I don't know why everyone's whinging about the production in the version that's floating around the net - sure, it's not up to Dead Heart in a Dead World standard, but when you get right down to it, very little is. Listen to an old Emperor album, Opeth's Morningrise or *anything* by Burzum and then tell me EoE sounds like ass.

Got the cardboard promo the other day and I can't say that the production is bad or blurry as some of you tend to think. I, on the other hand think that the production kick ass. Thogh the sample mp3 that I downloaded from Century Media sounded crappy, none of that on the cardboard promotion copy...

I have a rip from a promo copy (shh!!) and it sounds really bad. It almost sounds unmastered and there is even static in some of the tracks (possibly due to the ripping software, but doubtful knowing my source). They better remaster/remix it 'cause the music is mighty fine but the production is almost as bad as St. Anger.

whats with all the bad hings about the production?

Fuck, Ive been listening to the album forever now and I think it sounds fine

aw well

and LEDMAG-you gotta elaborate man, listen to it and explain what you dont like
it's go a great maiden-ish type of fas riff with cool vocal melodies and diving type of solos
plus mega sexy drumming
maybe you're computer is being gay, or something, kick it....HARD, heeheheh

I also downloaded the entire album and am definitely buying the disc once it is released. Also, when I listened to it in it's entirety at first I thought it kind of all blurred together, and then I realized it was just that almost all of the songs were equally kick ass.
That being said, the production of the mp3's I downloaded sounds like crap. Think Kill Em All run through a washer quality. I really hope this changes, because if it doesn't, it will be their first with BAD production.

when will they get a good producer again? Sneap is second rate, and the guy they used for EoR is third rate. I'd like to see them work with Neil Kernon again, or that Swedish dude who does all the In Flames and Dark Tranquillity stuff, and the last Dimmu Borgir album. That production is killer.

They won't remix it. That's too expensive and time consuming. But the only thing I've heard was the promo. No it aint shit, that's for sure. But it also aint great. I also think a lot stems from the guitar tone Loomis has been using. I'm just not a huge fan of it. But I do not need a great mix to enjoy the album. If the songs are good I will enjoy it. But the topic of production came up so I figured I'd share my views. :Spin:

RP>>>>I made a thread as to why i dont like the one song one I have heard.
Actually, it sounds bad in my home player as well. Im getting the official anyway. They are my fav band...and thats that. I may not like the whole cd, i may not like any of it. Then again, i may like it all once i hear the real deal.

The song EOR is just not what i want. I dont like the vox, imo, the guitar riffs are under par, the lead is plain, fast , but plain. It just doesnt get me where it counts. The drums kick ass. Cant tell much about the bass. The production is under par IMO. Just dont like it. DOnt like the lyrics either. It seems they ripped themselves off on some parts, and just totally sucked a nut sack on other parts. I have the promo on its way(7 days it will be in my hands then the player). Ill see and hear more then.

I did have a talk with a friend who has lots in common with me, and he has the whole promo, and he isnt satified with it either.

I suppose to sum it all up, to each his/her own. I mean im not dogging anyone for liking it, im just expressing the fact that thus far, i ve heard one song, and i hate it. The old demo from 94 or whenever is better in my opinion, all but the production on it you know. The songs set ups, the riffs, the vox, the lyrics etc kick much more ass IMO than the new song i heard and have.

But you know, even if this whole cd sucks ass imo, im still getting the official release, and the next cd, if it sucks ass, im still getting it as well....after that, ill have to wait and see. But, the fact that the guys may put out a cd that i dont like, that doesnt mean they will not be my fav band anymore.....cause they will remain my fav band. I cant dog what they have done in the past at all. I just cant. I love their past efforts, every song. I really hope the promo, and/or the official release changes my mind. Ill wait and see, and then let ya know how i like the over all sound of each song on the newie.

Thanks for asking instead of just flaming or being a smart ass like some ppl have in this thread and others. YOUR THE MAN DUDE! Or the bird.....

as for the complaint with the production, it isn't just the muddy guitar tone, the drums sound terrible too. I just downloaded some unmixed, unmastered tracks from the new Katagory V CD (a local band that definitely has a lower budget than Nevermore) and it sounded much cleaner. You could hear each instrument distinctly, the drums had more punch (which is saying a lot because unmastered drums don't have much), and the vocals weren't hidden under the guitars. I seriously think CM is sending out unmastered or poorly mastered promos to avoid piracy issues. If it's released as-is, I'm not sure I'll buy the disc right away, even though it's Nevermore. I expect a professional production from a signed band, not a second-rate shit job done in a hurry.

neal said:
you'd better not be lying general zod, or i will hunt you down when you least expect it...

I'm merely passing along what I was told by Van and a CM rep.

neal said:
...and you'll awake in the night only to see a pillow put over your face and hear a 'pop'. i mean that motherfucker.

LOL. Good luck getting past Oz.

GZ

i assume Oz is a dog or somthing? ill just bring a little baggie of those 'beggin strips' dogs love that shit, havent you seen the comercials? haha.
-neal