Engl E570 preamp users

Jevil

Pro Evolution Fucker
Apr 18, 2006
Basque Country
www.soulitude-web.com
As I posted in another thread, I want to sell my Triaxis and buy one of these. Unfortunately I can't try any in stores cause it is not a common gear that they have in stock.

So I just want you to talk me about it. I want it for live purpose mainly and some recording from time to time. It will be used with a Mesa 2:90 poweramp

My other options are selling the Mesa 2:90 poweramp too and buy a Peavey or Engl head. But rack is more confortable to carry to shows.

i traded mine for an axe fx standard.
the engl was great for live shows because of the 4 channels with which you get a hell of sound possibilities. plus it´s all midi controllable.
personally i didn´t like the clean sound. it was way too bright for most of the things. the heavy and crunch sounds are really cool though.
but if you only need one distorted sound and a clean channel i think you don´t need it.

didn´t like it for recording either btw.

IME try before you buy- I ordered a 580 through an ebay-like site (non refundable item) and the thing sounds like shitte
If you'd go for a 530 I wouldn't see a problem, as the price tag is way lower.

^ FWIW I meant 'test the specific unit you're buying to see if it's working properly', rather than just 'try it to see if you like the sound of it', as those units are indeed very scarce, and you could perhaps end up with a second hand/refurbished/defective one ;)

Thanks for the advice guys.

@Metalsound - As you said, I only need a good distorted tone and a clean one... I only play cleans like 5% of the stuff.. so the clean is not even so important.

@AD Chaos, the e530 ain't a bad preamp, but as I read comments e570 is way much better tone. It is the preamp section of the Engl SE Head (or at least that is what they say).

BEst guitar preamp for me. I owned or tried nearly all of the boutique preamps. Still own a 530 and a mesa studio. And many amps including krank rev ,rectifier , 5150. 570 is generally called sterile,cold and hi fi . But for my experiences those mean quality parts. Better signal flaw generally sounds sterile and hi fi for many ears. BUt that is a fact under your control with using right speaker and poweramps. Axe fx?? I didnt try axe2 but I still believe 570 with impulses is better. Dont forget when I mean better or best these mean very small and subtle changes in todays meeting digital and analog technology. İf you dont care money 570 is the best.