ENGL INVADER - the sound of INVASIVE brain surgery...

QV

Apr 20, 2006
www.bartfrydrychowicz.com
Hey guys, I'm letting you know that as of next week I'm hanging up my 5150 on the studio wall and from now on will be using the ENGL Invader, I used an ENGL on the euro tour earlier this year for all of the 26 shows (I had a 5150 available at all times) but I simply could not get the same tones from the 5150 I was getting from the ENGL.
As a result I joined the ENGL family and you should be hearing the new amp in action soon. I'll post some tone settings in a few weeks...

http://www.engl-amps.com check out "Noted Users"

cheers!!!

smoother distortion, and better dynamic response - so it's much better for fast picking and riffs which require lots of definition - the 5150 is a bit more fuzzy in comparison. The ENGL sound is warmer, overall smoother and more refined. Necrophagist uses ENGL if you want to hear it on a record in a lots of busy guitarwork.

yeah that amp rocks i tested it at musique gagné frere and thats what i would buy if i had the money ..lol damn bart you read in my thoughts i was gonna ask you what amp do you use beside the 5150 ..like in studio or something..you got the 100 or 150 watt version???i tested the 150 and i really liked all the channel especially the 3rd one but its really too much for me... i would be cool if they had the feature to cut the wattage to 50 like the special edition maybe id save for that but for now its just too much ill p-robsbly go for the e530 preamp and mesa 20/20 ..anyway nice choice bart

I got the 150 + the 4x V30 XL cab. To saturate the amp at lower levels you can get something called "hot plate" to increase the load on the power amp. Some people complain it results in some loss of definition but I've never tried it so I wouldn't be able to tell you.

yeah i heard about the hotplate never saw one ..anyway engl doesnt sound that bad at low level ill see if i can try a 100 w invader maybe ill change my mind... i got the 4x12 v30 but not the xl and damn that sound good best cab i played on just need the head to go with :headbang: i have a peavey xxl (no tube)) with a gt-6 i got a nice souund but not as nice as a good tube amp so ill upgrade my setup soon

damn great news today as a apprentice carpenter i can subscripe to a government subvention which give me 1000$ called (incitation a l'apprentissage) ..dunno how to call it in english but my friend just got it so now i can afford a damn nice head :headbang: so ill go with engl e570 preamp (special edition preamp) and a mesa 20/20 and get my killer rig hell yeah!!! dunno how ill get for trading in my peavey xxl head and crate with celestion cab but this news made my day (probably my month too :lol:)

damn great news today as a apprentice carpenter i can subscripe to a government subvention which give me 1000$ called (incitation a l'apprentissage) ..dunno how to call it in english but my friend just got it so now i can afford a damn nice head :headbang: so ill go with engl e570 preamp (special edition preamp) and a mesa 20/20 and get my killer rig hell yeah!!! dunno how ill get for trading in my peavey xxl head and crate with celestion cab but this news made my day (probably my month too :lol:)

Go for a powerball man. That's what I played in Europe and it sounded great!

k thx for the comment s bart it will be cheaper for me aswell... i had another question...the powerball is 100 watt does it sound good at low volume (though i could use a hotplate as u suggested) and do you still use the gt-6 with the invader or u got a new effect rig as well ??

edit: i tried the invader but couldnt try thwe powerball... do you get the same kind of distortion cuz th invader sounded god damn killer!!!

I think the powerball has one set of EQ's for all the channels where as the invader has dicrete eq's... I haven't compared the two side by side, but I remember the powerball kicked ass on tour. Blinded by faith use that one as well so their recent CD could be a decent reference for Powerball tone.

For the hotplate type of device try the Palmer PGA-04 Speaker Simulator - Mag introduced me to this a few days ago since I'm looking for an amp simulator for lmy in-ear setup. For the GT6 I'll keep it with the additoin of the Palmer PDI-09 - I was going to get a Line6 X3 since it permits to build separate chains for left/right (in my case left=stage/amp/cab and right in ear) but I can get the same result with the palmer or similar for much less.

well finally i followed your advice bart and i bought an ENGL powerball and it really kicks ass and even at low volum it really sounds good..i even tried the invader 100 and i liked the powerball better thats a good thing it was like 1000 cheaper :headbang: ..if you dont mind would you reexplain the 4 cable method with the gt-6 i used to know but cant remember exactly

Hey, sorry if this is in telegraph form but I'm swamped:
GUITAR -> gt6 INPUT -> EFFECTS SEND ON gt6 -> ENGL instrument input -> ENGL effects send -> GT6 Effects Return -> GT6 OUTPUT -> ENGL effects Return, pretty sure that's it (don't have the equipment in front of me). you will have to set your drive to "external" foir it to take the pre-amp of the ENGL.

well finally i followed your advice bart and i bought an ENGL powerball and it really kicks ass and even at low volum it really sounds good..i even tried the invader 100 and i liked the powerball better thats a good thing it was like 1000 cheaper :headbang: ..if you dont mind would you reexplain the 4 cable method with the gt-6 i used to know but cant remember exactly

which powerball do you use dude? is it version 1 or 2? i have both and its a great difference between. but both fukkin kickin ass man! ENGL are best HELLYEAH:headbang::headbang::headbang:

version 2 is great! i like these amp. sounds not so aggresive like v1 but its better for recording. v30 cabs are great too but its really perfect to play a v30 combined with a c60. ahhhh, anyway engl sound in any case fukkin amazing ;)))