Engl INVADER

I've owned a Blackmore, Powerball, and Savage 120. I liked the Blackmore WAY better than the other two, I just don't like all the features and options, way too many ways to fuck up your sound. I just like simple plug and play amps with a killer distortion sound, like the Blackmore.

the invader sounds promising since its el34 loaded. But i firmly believe the majority of the engls are vastly over engineered. I agree that the blackmore is by far the best sounding engl, i use mine constantly in the studio. Much less options and much MORE tone. Im eager to hear the invader.

axeman720 said:
the invader sounds promising since its el34 loaded. But i firmly believe the majority of the engls are vastly over engineered. I agree that the blackmore is by far the best sounding engl, i use mine constantly in the studio. Much less options and much MORE tone. Im eager to hear the invader.

Yeah, I think part of the reason why the Blackmore sounds so good is the way it's built and designed. Ritchie Blackmore went to Engl and told him to make him a Savage 120 with less knobs and features.

Know a guy with a Diezel VH4... wasnt too impressed... but, I didnt dial it up and fuck with it, either.