Engl Savage and Tubescreamer

by transparent i meant that alot of reviews say "this pedals great and sooo transparent" then i asked a couple people what it meens and they said "if u use the pedal with 2 differnt guitars and the same rig you will notice a difference unlike some pedals"

That's not what transparent means, most equipment is actually like that unless used in exactly the wrong way.

I'll restate the second part of the last post: [breath] the fact that something was said in, on, or through Youtube, HCAF, UG, TV, the radio, a magazine, a guitar shop discussion, or basically any other place where large numbers of musicians with very little knowledge of anything say lots of things they themselves don't understand that well that was not mentioned above [/breath] is not grounds for it being true or accurate.

What's more, none of the TS pedals fail to be 'transparent' in that sense unless something is seriously wrong with your rig. The differences between the various pedals are practically insignificant and the differences you hear are consequences of your own misinformed expectations. If you actually do a truly blind test with several pedals of each make and model you will not be able to pick the pedals apart at a rate any better than random chance, period, end of discussion.

Jeff

my friend has my od9, and i know another kid with a ts9, im gonna borrow them all and do a blind test and see if i pick the od or the ts, then the 9 or the 808 i did find that the ts9 was a bit harsh compared to the od9 (thats why i went with the maxon)

No... because of variances between pedals, you'll want to test several of each model. That won't be accurate; I could easily pull another pair of pedals out of my ass and come to the exact opposite conclusion. Component values in pedals can be expected to vary by about 10%, so one pedal simply cannot represent an entire line.

Jeff

Jeffy btw! I saw this audio pro saying the following yesterday! - Did you know the marshall mgdfx is the best amp in the world, doesn't even colour your tone @ all, totally transparant, all tube mosfet situation here! With the tubes going paralel with the mosfet power and pre-amp section is the greatest thing they have ever done to an amp! especially since the tubes aren't connected to the output of your amp! This makes this amp most versatile for every single playing style!.....

.... .... i know this is quite a bullshitty post but c'mon dude!!!! And i'm pretty new to this forum btw, and i have definatly checked like a thousands of posts, you should know JBRoll doesn't just bullshit around on you bro!

Finally I got a setting where I could fit the TS9DX to the Savage!
(Amp -> CrunchI Channel, Gain at 5, CrunchIGain & CrunchIVolume at 10
TS -> Drive 0, Level 5-6, Tone 9)

I'm not sure if it sounds better than the CrunchII Channel I normally use without the TS - especially because live I usually play the Savage together with the 5150 and the sound could be more diversified if only the 5150 has the TS in front of it. On the other hand I love the COLOUR ;) it gives both amps. I think the more I step back channel-wise with amps (from hi-gain to crunch to clean) the more punch I get. The TS gives it the right (metal) sound without taking the punch. Usually I feel like every higher channel is more far away from my ears in terms of punch.
... Or maybe I should just dump the 5150 and Savage and buy some old Marshalls instead of running both modern amps in their clean channels! :lol: