Ensifailum

if this thread is stupid why do you even post in it then?

for Christ's sake

*note to myself*

Do not state an opinion about a band that you dont like, since it can be considered stupid by fans of this band. Sheesh.

Would it be stupid to start a thread about how cool they are and how badass their medieval look is? I guess it would be stupid since it would differ from the opinion of some other people

I saw Ensiferum at Wacken08, and from what I recall it was pretty entertaining. Wouldn't mind seeing them again. But Hypocrisy supporting them? That's just... insulting. :p

Kinda reminds me of the last time I saw COB, with Cannibal Corpse as support. Fucked up.

Cannibal corpse supported for COB!? Wtf! :mad:

Hey supernova , heads up ; i still think your cool. You're just an average person with a mind of it's own and is not afraid to speak it. You might have some dutch blood there haha.

Anyyyywaaayysss just a general note for you; Battle Song, Token Of Time, Sword Chant, Slayer Of Light, Into Battle, Lai Lai Hei

Those are some songs to check if you want to get a decent impression of Ensiferum. I despise everything from Ensiferum after the 2 first albums. But yeah as said, check em out if you want to give em a 2nd try.

Edit: I still think it's funny that most people can't see that there is a new wave of metal kiddo's which have a different sight on things, we know how wrong it can be but really it's just how the world turns. I saw Annihilator opening up for Trivium , how do you think i felt?(NOTE i did not stay for trivium, in fact i was screaming that the new aids was in town...i was drunk...). Or even better yet, how do you think it looked when Cynic was opening for Opeth. Fact is our most beloved bands are not huge with the crowd these days, now what most older bands do which have fallen into the background is most of the times hanging out with some old friends. In Peter's case it would be touring with Alexi. Why ? Well let's see the strategic market point.

Big band in past = Not so big now
Small band back then = Huge band now

Big band in past was friends with small band back then.

Big band back then + Huge band now=
Big band again + Huge band still

It's not like we're calculating infinity here people.

heh mate, no probs here, no worries
I made amends in my first post, because after reading myself back, I thought it was stupid, so I edited the shit. I am keeping my head up, but that doesnt mean I cannot admit that went stupid in my first post ;)

But obviously, some people are still pissed prolly because they like this band and cannot admit that some people might find em silly looking and really not interesting musically, so even after editing the crap of my first post... the ranting goes on :)

about the dutch blood..hum, I wouldnt be aware of that, but yeah, I have opinions, and Im not afraid to take position, sometimes well, I lack diplomacy...pobody's nerfect yanno ;)

and btw I totally agree with you about what you say, what is extreme metal nowadays; we have to live with it, but its not like we had to agree with it or shut the hell up about it. ;)

I stand by what remains from my first post, still : Ensiferum medieval look is lame beyond belief, and their music is far from being awesome IMO, so, I dont agree at all with the fact that Hypo are a supporting act for them, especially after ATOED.

I may check the tunes you mentionned later...

innovative, talented and skilled songwriters

I have yet to really hear these from Ensiferum.
Im not saying they have NONE of it, but really, obviously I dont agree with them being more innovative, skilled and talented than hypocrisy, not at ALL
Yeah i meant that peter is innovative, skilled and talented writer, but we are cool now. :kickass:

yup we are cool man, you were right about me being rude in the first place...

Peter is GOD

ATOED is yet another proof of his unearthly mastery of metal music

It should be pretty obvious what bands are supposed to open for who. Even if people arent big fans of a band, they have to recognize pecking order. Hypocrisy > Ensiferum regardless of which band you like better.

It should be pretty obvious what bands are supposed to open for who. Even if people arent big fans of a band, they have to recognize pecking order. Hypocrisy > Ensiferum regardless of which band you like better.

Definitely.

But of course it's a wiser choice where money is concerned to pick the popular and mainstream bands as headliners, rather than the better, more talented bands with a somewhat confined fanbase. Meh.

Oh wow, what a clever, insulting comeback. Really. Spent all day coming up with that one, huh?

when all people were against alexi laiho as 2º guitar on hypocrisy all can speak against that... but not with ensigayrum??

don't take it too seriously, people gets offended by this and immediatly come the philosophers to tell us how gay can be those who says the word gay

... oh... and ensiferum is gay hahahaha

when all people were against alexi laiho as 2º guitar on hypocrisy all can speak against that... but not with ensigayrum??

don't take it too seriously, people gets offended by this and immediatly come the philosophers to tell us how gay can be those who says the word gay

... oh... and ensiferum is gay hahahaha

Gay; anoying. anti social, loud mouth, biker people

BWRABRWABWBWABWRAABRWABWBWABWABWA

Gay; anoying. anti social, loud mouth, biker people

BWRABRWABWBWABWRAABRWABWBWABWABWA

Haha why didn't I think the same!? :D BWABWABWABWABWAM

sp_1312_promo01.jpg