Speakers

Ermz

¯\(°_o)/¯
Apr 5, 2002
Melbourne, Australia
www.myspace.com
Just wondering if any of you have any suggestions for some cheap and relatively flat-response speakers for a home PC. I don't necessarily mean the satellite/subwoofer combo (haha yeah, good luck getting flat response out of that)... I mainly mean some stereo speakers that are powerful and relatively accurate in their playback. I'm not talking near-field monitor level, as they don't exactly come cheap, but just anything that would work well for semi-serious recording as well as just music playback.

Cheers.

Sorry for the double post but I've just run up a little search on quality speakers in that low range and it seems that the Swans M200 seem to exceed the Edirols. Does anyone know anything about these speakers, or if not at least a good online shopping spot for these kinds of wares? I'm gonna keep researching, but the Swans seem like a good buy for the price.

@Genius: Thanks alot for the Tascam suggestion but there's just something about the look of those speakers that alienates me. I'm so sick of those thin or small looking speakers that need a subwoofer to keep them afloat. No offense to that system though, it may be good, I just preffer the larger speakers to the satellites.

Thanks James, appreciated.

EDIT: Symbolic, when it comes to the speakers you suggested would you think it's worth it to go with the model with digital-ins? I presume the DAC wouldn't be too spectacular so it may just be better for the soundcard to handle that.

well , i hasn´t tried the ones whit digital inputs, they could be better in that aspect ,
but in general they are almost the same, but 10 dollars more expensive , or you can go with Ma 20D, cost around $200. 20 watts per side,

Sorry to bump this thread again, but it seems sweetwater don't really have a good international shipping deal going. I don't reside in the US so ordering from them isn't too covenient.

I was just wondering if any of you know good audio gear sites that stock and ship overseas... or perhaps just in Australia?

Thanks alot.

Ah ok, thanks for that. Unforutnately though that puts them out of my price range. Still trying to find an Australian distributor (I think I'm going with the Edirol MA10D, the amount of ins and outs make it versatile and it won't set me back much financially).

It's hard to find anyone that ships from Australia so that I don't need to get a power converter as well as pay large shipping fees.

Sorry once again to bump this topic but there's yet another question :)

I've run into some bookshelf loudspeakers that many people rate highly for the money you pay for them ($275 US)

http://www.axiomaudio.com/m3ti.html

Now sorry to sound like such a newbie, but I've never purchased some loudspeakers and tried to interface them with a PC. Would I need to purchase a pre/power amp to make a connection, or could I just 'plug&play' the speakers straight out of the back of my Audigy 2?

Thanks.