Amplified PA speakers for home usage?

sean2222

New Metal Member
Aug 26, 2012
Hi,
I was curious as to whether pa speakers could be used as strictly home audio speakers period. Not for mixing, or any studio work. Just as a set of amplified home speakers to run into my boombox. I do it with computer speakers. I do it with near sound monitors. So if I run pa speakers into my boombox will it sound as good as either of th eother types? I see many have very high amp. ratings so I wonder if this might blow out a small music system? I also wonder about how people are saying these pa amplified speakers tend to accentuate bass. Is this the case on all? I am specifically looking for a natural sound (similar to monitors) but with less bass and an accentuation of highs. I usually do that with eq's on my speakers, etc. But i do not want anything that is going to be bass heavy even after I turn bass down to nothing with an eq. I want a pretty flat sound with very high frequencies high in the mix. Call it tinny. Call it trebly. Call it harsh. Call it bright. That is what I like, I am an audiophile. I don't want anything else. So will pa amplified speakers give me the sound I desire? Which brand/model will do so and also have the eq on it. And will they put out a better sound (to my needs) than an amplified 'studio monitor' that I am already used to having. I have behringer, numark, and alesis monitors at home btw. And my price range will not exceed $300 for a pair of speakers. I want 2 obviously, not this single speaker crap I see.
thanks
s