Stereo Speakers

Krilons Resa

Jerry's married?!
Nov 7, 2002
Inside dorian's gym bag.
I am looking for new speakers to replace my current, old ones. I just need a bookshelf type speakers but want it to sound fucking sweet. Any of you have suggestions I should look into?

I am thinking about the BIC America DV-62SI speakers. They seem pretty kick-ass.

for Rock I would highly recommend either Klipsch or JBL speakers ... used to sell both of them and they sound super sweet for Rock, Metal and harder edged stuff.
Klipsch especially as some of them in their model line have horn tweeters that just sing ...

Something like this would be killer, although I am not sure what your budget is.
http://www.klipsch.com/product/product.aspx?cid=658

J&R has this for $299 ...http://www.jr.com/JRProductPage.process?Product=3958725

Also what is cool with Klipsch speakers is that they are very efficient, so you will not need a lot of amplifier power to make them sound good.

Speakers are the most important piece of a home audio setup and can last you decades if you spend some money on a great pair initially.

Not familiar with BIC speakers although I heard of them ...

I've got a pair of JBL bass reflex speakers which work very well; good bass and pretty clear sound. I don't know what they're called or if they've got any serial number but they were pretty inexpensive and shouldn't be that hard to find.

704-2T.jpg

good fucking LORD these are amazing.

Both!!!!!

Bowers & Wilkins 704 (or 703...dont remember) Series

Everything sounds like absolute shit since I listened to them on my gf's brother-in-law;s audiophile system. He is looking to upgrade soon and I'll grab them off him. :kickass:

yeah ... the 705 bookshelf version is a want of mine for a long time. B&W sound amazingly deep and warm.

your bro in law must be very generous as those 704's are about $2500 a pair

btw, I love the Pioneer D-series speakers I got for my truck. From the moment I heard the first note on them, I became a believer in high-end speakers.*

*high-end does not include speakers developed for the audiophile crowd, as these people are just rich morons

as soon as i feel i can afford it i'm buying a real proper stereo system, i'm very tired of all my used 80's junk that breaks all the time

I have an 80's amp, and sometimes one channel will stop getting sound; I have to turn it of then back on for it to come back.

Lurchinator: if you were to buy a set of speakers, both costing about the same, and used for both music and movies, would you rather have:
A) large stereo speakers
or
B) a small (maybe even satellite-size) 5.1 system
?

I have an 80's amp, and sometimes one channel will stop getting sound; I have to turn it of then back on for it to come back.

have you tried turning up the volume knob real quick like for a split second and then down again to scare it into working again

that usually worked on my THREE amps that had the same god damn problem

it's just a matter of time til it dies completely though

5.1 is stupid as hell

noone needs more than 2 speakers unless they have more than 2 ears and that's final

5.1 is stupid as hell

Yups.

I'd like to try some music that was made for surround some time, but it's more of a fun thing than something that would actually be good for something. Or something.

What breaks, exactly?
Pretty much everything, sooner or later. I don't think I've owned a tape deck that didn't get the guillotine treatment after chugging up a couple of tapes, and the latest reciever just plain died after living in gruesome pains for a great big while.