Ensiferum - 10th Anniversary Live review

Blindfold

i ħ ∂/∂t |ψ(t)› = Ĥ|ψ(t)›
Nov 18, 2005
YUROP
Ok peoples, here's a short review of the brandnew Ensiferum DVD.

Setlist:
  1. Intro
  2. Hero in a Dream
  3. Guardians of Fate
  4. Tale of Revenge
  5. Dragonheads
  6. Windrider
  7. Warrior's Quest
  8. Lai Lai Hei
  9. Old Man (Väinämöinen)
  10. Slayer of Light
  11. Finnish Medley: Karjalan Kunnalia -
    Myrstvlnodon Maija - Metsämichen Lant'n
  12. Tears
  13. Token of Time
  14. White Storm
  15. Into Hiding
  16. Into Battle
  17. Kalevala Melody (intro)
  18. Iron
  19. Treacherous Gods
  20. Näitä Polfnja Lallaan
  21. Battle Song
Here the first (second) song Hero in a Dream (good quality):
http://chaoz-clan.com/Hero in a Dream.mpg

Recorded at Nosturi, Helsinki, Finland at 31.12.2005/01.01.2006 (new year's night)

Review:
Now the whole gig is awesome. All 3, Petri (Guitar, also playing in NortheR), Markus (Guitar, also playing in [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Speden Timantit[/FONT]) and Sami (Bass, also playing in Rapture) acted as frontmen. It was worth watching from beginning to end. The concert is like a party.
The only thing i can disapprove is petris soloing. But i know he can do better normally because i heard him live 2 weeks ago. He must have been very excited.

Then funniest moment was at the end. Battle song. They stopped playing and Petri asked the audience "Do you want to hear this song?" - "YAARGGH" but not loud though ^^. So he directed his ear to the audience... "yarrghh" even more silent... Then he refused and they finished the song :)

Rating:
On a scale of 10 rocks i would give this DVD: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:
And for the price (i bought it online for 15€) it would get 20/10 rocks :)

disco_dvd.jpg

seems cool..Hero In A Dream was good...anyway Petri need to work out some..hes so skinny damn..he makes alexi look like a fat boy!!!

YO Thomas, tell me how much I have to pay for shipping etc. and how that works on MSN ok

^ yes, tr00, its not on american amazon. you'll find (new) it on ebay cheaper anyway (thats how i got it for 15€)

Im thinking of getting a credit card just so i can order some stuff online, I have this on Download untill that time :p

I have the DVD too. I bought it for €12,50 in a metalshop.

Great show!!! It's pitty it's only the show...backstage footage is always funny.

Maybe it's on their next DVD?

I have a question... I've just recently started listening to Ensiferum... so are they no longer together? whats the story?

DontHaveAReason said:
I have a question... I've just recently started listening to Ensiferum... so are they no longer together? whats the story?

petri (from NortheR) is now the frontman at the end of 2004, before there was that dude from wintersun (correct me if i'm wrong here...)