enslaved/finland

genocide roach

DOOOOOOOOOOM
Aug 18, 2002
The new line-up recorded “ISA” during the autumn of 2004, and was released in Oct/Nov ’04 (Feb ’05 in the US). The album received raving reviews in all territories (except Finland obviously), and put Enslaved at the very forefront of contemporary Extreme Metal. A European Tour with fellow Norsemen Vreid took place in February and March 2005. The tour was rewarded with both great reviews and great turnouts. In absentia, during the tour, Enslaved also received both the Norwegian Grammy and the independent Alarm Price for “ISA”. The band will appear at various festivals throughout 2005, and an trans-American tour is in the making for the end of 2005.

reading through the bio on the enslaved page, i came across this. is there a specific reason they didnt recieve good reviews in finland? kinda seems like there is somthing im missing here

heh, no idea. doesnt make any sense.

i didnt think the album was all that special, although i truthfully havent really listened to it in that greater depth. i cant see why one country would completely reject the album though. its probably more an exaggeration, something like they didnt get great reviews from major magazines published in finland or something along those lines.

interesting statement though.

Phrozenspite said:
I could be wrong about it since i'm not too familiar with the region other than music and mythology but my guess is they're making fun of finland for having bad taste in music and metal (I.E Nightwish, HIM etc)
Ugh I disagree Rotten Sound, Enochian Crescent, Behexen, Satanic Warmaster and The True Black Dawn are badass Finnish bands. And
their scene is very promising compared to the other Scandanavian countries
along with Russia's and Poland's scenes too.

Prozak, your posts here are totally redundant and boring and useless, stick to posting topics in the philosophy forum. :(

Maybe the Finnish hate Enslaved for becoming shit?

ok, i know this is gonna start a big debate

but enslaved didnt get really good until later in their life. i love the viking stuff, but below the lights was amazing. they do the post BM stuff perfectly
~gR~

Gallantry over Docility said:
Prozak, your posts here are totally redundant and boring and useless, stick to posting topics in the philosophy forum. :(

Holy shit! I didn't know infoterror was Prozak. I just thought he was another one of his cronies.