Enthusiastic Metallica new album previews

None of their 80's albums were anywhere near mainstream. Don't you guys remember what popular music sounded like back then? If you liked Metallica in the 80's you were thought of as a psychotic or a devil worshiper or worse.

I guess there were millions of those in the 80's, because they still sold a shitload of albums back then...I would say that they were a huge part of popular music back then. What you're saying is equivalent to saying System of a Down isn't mainstream because of what Mariah Carey or 50 Cent sound like. I don't get why it would be inaccurate to say Metallica is mainstream when they are pretty much the definition of it.

I think a band can sell plenty of albums and still not be considered "mainstream". Before the song One, Metallica were NEVER played on the radio, never on MTV (well, not having made a video makes that a tough one) and were only known by word of mouth, touring, and metal magazines.

Think back to 1986. When mainstream people thought of "heavy metal" did they think of Metallica? No, more like Motley Crue, Ratt, etc. Metallica popular? I remember one guy in Jr. High that wore their shirts... he scared the shit out of me.

Unless you were a fan of the band you had never heard a Metallica song. How could you? That to me does not sound mainstream.

Hell, the whole metal genre never has and never will fit into what's considered "mainstream" when it comes to music and that's just fine with me.

Track listing in order:

That Was Just Your Life
The End Of The Line
Broken, Beat & Scarred
The Day That Never Comes
All Nightmare Long
Cyanide
The Unforgiven III
The Judas Kiss
Suicide & Redemption
My Apocalypse

another unforgiven??? come onnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn. anyways, hope it kicks ass

I like what I'm hearing from the clips so far, although I'm sure those are the best riffs so who knows. I really like the song with the lyrics, "when the sun is hell bound, and the moon is etc"... can't remember exactly how that went but I really liked it.

Is it me or has James voice regained some of its gritty old sound?

Track listing in order:

That Was Just Your Life
The End Of The Line
Broken, Beat & Scarred
The Day That Never Comes
All Nightmare Long
Cyanide
The Unforgiven III
The Judas Kiss
Suicide & Redemption
My Apocalypse

another unforgiven??? come onnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn. anyways, hope it kicks ass

OO, they're becoming an arch enemy cover band!

"Track two is at heart an anthemic ballad that recalls 'Fight Fire With Fire' and 'Nothing Else Matters', with a chiming guitar intro, airy vocals and some slightly convoluted, progressive-style bridges that mutate into urgent riffing, more galloping riffs and guitar solos.

Anthemic ballad like "Fight Fire with Fire?" Haha, I don't think much else needs to be said to point out that these guys don't know what they're talking about, unless this was just a typo and they meant, "Fade to Black."