Enthusiastic Metallica new album previews

Hopefully there's a guitar solo this time. I may have listened to St. Anger more than twice if there was an actual guitar solo.

EDIT: or a decent song

As much as I have come to dislike Megadeth over the recent years, they've blown Metallica out of the water numerous times.

Rust In Peace
- or-
Black (Blah) Album

Yes. I distinctly remember pre-release reviews describing it as "mind-blowingly heavy" and "like Slayer" and all kinds of hyperbolic bullshit about how it was so RAW and AWESOME. The only thing they said that proved what they listened to was the same album were lyrical extracts and talking about how "the drumming sounds like a steel keg" only they described it more as "the drumming is so incredibly extreme that it sounds like he's banging on a steel fucking keg made of METAL!!!!" Thus, this article really doesn't mean much, if anything, to me even though I'm very interested in the outcome of the album.

As a side note, a lot of the POST release reviews of St Anger were very positive. I remember a lot of them in mainstream magazines praising the rawness and the "experimentation" in the vocals etc.

lol I remember that too. I was all excited, then I downloaded the album and it sounded like shit. I honestly thought that I had downloaded a poor quality version of the album, but it turned out that's really the way it was supposed to sound. Maybe that could have actually been excusable if the songs were decent. Yeah, I don't have it on my harddrive anymore...

I have no faith in the reviews. I'll believe it when I hear some good music.
Sadly, I'll probably buy this
Death Magnetic ?? well I guess it's better than Load & Reload. Not that it matters, but why the inability to come up with a decent title. In the 80's they had some of the greatest song/album titles I've ever heard. Once the 90's came, everything sucked

Funnily enough, their strongest material came out when they were drunk out of their minds half the time.

I'm excited for Death Magnetic though. I've been a pretty loyal fan for some time now, and honestly,
I don't want to see them return to the days of MoP or AJfA. Those albums should be left alone in their
sheer brilliance. All I really want is a rejuvenated, genuinely excited Metallica, as opposed to a washed-up
Metallica still trying to cash in on past success.

I'm excited. Metallica, and I don't know why, is still my favorite band of all time. I also don't know how many times I've said this, I think St. Anger is a great record. But, from the clips I've heard, the new stuff sounds energetic and heavy metal rooted. Metallica has yet to write a song I did not like, and I'm sure Death Magnetic will be no different. I'm just happy to see the band go back to where they came from while writing the new album. I'll buy it, and I'll love it regardless. I just hope a lot of people will be willing to accept them making the change back to their (supposed) roots.

I wouldn't mind in the least if they returned to a Load/Reload sound. There's a handful of great songs on those albums.

Just for the love of god don't get anywhere near that steaming pile of horse shit that was St. Anger.

get over yourselves haters!!
Metallica are a legendary band, they didnt make the black album commercial or any album, the people who like linkin park and think they are heavy made them commercial.
I personally cant wait for this new release, desperate men go to desperate measures, thats why they called rick rubin, and rick rubins track record with dying bands is impeccable.
this release is going to say fuck you to the people that like to rant, and, rant, and rant.
(at least i hope it will ;))

Don't know if I'm going to buy this, but I'll definetly give it a listen. I actually belive that this could be a pretty good one too.