epic doom/death?

Status
Not open for further replies.
try some Esoteric, bit on the funeral side, but not pure funeral doom, just real epic, effects-laden death/doom.

t'is a well known classic but if you haven't already checked out Katatonia's Dance of December Souls, do so.

Tiamat's mid-career work is the closest thing to that description, it is a mix of many things, death metal, doom metal, progressive rock, even a large symphonic element. I would get the album wildhoney. You want epic? That is seemless, it could just as easily be one track.

Tiamat's mid-career work is the closest thing to that description, it is a mix of many things, death metal, doom metal, progressive rock, even a large symphonic element. I would get the album wildhoney. You want epic? That is seemless, it could just as easily be one track.

I love tiamat but I am looking for something much much heavier than them.

Death/Doom to me comes in two degrees. There's the pedigree of Winter, Sorrow, Runemagick, Nuctemeron, and to a lesser extent bands like Incantation and Asphyx, and then there is the class of Anathema, Paradise Lost, My Dying Bride, Katatonia, Morgion, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.