Heavy Doom

Baroque

Oct 16, 2012
Southern California
I'm looking for some slow, but heavy as fuck doom songs. Preferably with heavy metal style vocals but not required.

Think Black Sabbath - Black Sabbath or recently Black Sabbath - End of the Beginning

Last edited by a moderator:
Definitely the first Saint Vitus album

The Gates Of Slumber? I only have Conqueror but that sounds as if it's the kind of thing you're looking for.

EDIT - and if you're not fussed about there being clean vocals there's some really heavy doom, death/doom, funeral doom bands about... Ahab is an excellent (and well known) one which comes to mind...

Aslo check out Lord Vicar:

Pentagram:

40 Watt Sun:

I liked 40 watt sun a lot, probably gonna get whatever album this song is on :hotjump:

Vocals reminded me of ICS Vortex (Dimmu Borgir cleans), and he's in my top three vocalists ever. Somebody told me the name of the vocal style before, I don't remember, but apparently it's incredibly rare and you're lucky to have it. You should look into his doom project Lamented Souls:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjQTsHf2LEs

I recommend his other project Arcturus too, though that gets a bit avant garde. It's basically lo-fi avant garde which is really fuckin cool.