Epica & me visit Israel

Morticia NL. said:
Thanks, now i'll go find a corner and cry :erk:
My bus to Wacken has been canceled :cry:

I have an opportunity to flight to Hambourg at a low price at the moment. If someone is ready to help me or do some car sharing or whatever from Hambourg to wacken I would be really thankfulllllll (or any kind of any help of any matter I WANT TO BE THERE :cry: )

BC-A, When are you arriving in Hamburg? I go there by plane, too.

Wacken offers special busses from Airport Hamburg to Wacken fest and there are also Trains that you can catch easiliy, depends on when u r arriving. if you want, you can Email me about it and i will try to find you a train- or busplan Or if we're arriving the same time, we could propably go together.

Cheers Daniela

You just need to ask the right person;) I'm happy to meet you soon BC-A :)

anyone else needing help? *fg*

Elyia said:
i cannot come either, but not because of loss of money or time - just because the ******* local office is not able to get my passport in 4 weeks, so i cannot go on the plane :cry:

can't imagine how annoyed i am!

But anyway i will be at Wacken at least (still sad...)

Is there some space left in your corner Nat? I'll come and join you:(

Not that it matters now, and I don't know German laws, but I got my passport renewed in a couple of hours. You just buy a ticket to another country and you take that ticket to the passport offices. They will renew it right away for you.
I bought a ticket to Canada, went to the passport agency in Connecticut since they aren't as busy as the ones in NY. I was also able to get an appointment there, and it was only a one hour train ride away. The place was actually 5 minutes away from the train station.
I got there like around 10 am, filled out everything, showed them the identification I needed and I was on the way home with my passport by 12:30.

I don't think you even need a passport to travel inside most of europe unless it's by airplane...i took a bus from the netherlands to belguim and no one stopped us at the border...some of my friends rented a car in germany and drove all the way to amsterdam with no problem...
as far as i know there is no inspection in the Sweden-Norway border

great pics Nathalie my dear & Eran.... i hope to get the chance to hear and see Epica live one day too :loco:

Metal head87 said:
Not that it matters now, and I don't know German laws, but I got my passport renewed in a couple of hours. You just buy a ticket to another country and you take that ticket to the passport offices. They will renew it right away for you.
I bought a ticket to Canada, went to the passport agency in Connecticut since they aren't as busy as the ones in NY. I was also able to get an appointment there, and it was only a one hour train ride away. The place was actually 5 minutes away from the train station.
I got there like around 10 am, filled out everything, showed them the identification I needed and I was on the way home with my passport by 12:30.

Well, this is Germany. This is the Country of i bureaucracy. We invented it.

The point is, you can travel around in Europe everywhere with a normal ID. thanks to a new european law, your not even checked at airports or boarders if you're from a european country.

But if you want to go outside Europe you have to have a real Passport.

Renewing it (Also renewing the ID) or requesting a new one will take up to 6 weeks. Fortunately someone told me she won a flight and told the people a the office about it and she was given a new one, only one year-valid Passport, but you only get this for exception.

So i went to the office again and asked for the one year valid one and everything was fine... until i finaly wanted to enter Israel. They asked me about a thousand questions about my passport and why its not a "real one". Same happened, when i wanted to leave again ( I thought they might be happy i go again, but no, it looked like they wanted me to stay....)

But anyway, i can travel with this one now and when time comes (at least 6 weeks before the year is up) i have to go and get a real one.

But it would never work like, going to the office and 5 minutes later you have a new one.

You can travel throughout North America with just ID too. But they will still renew your passports because they cannot prove if you have a photo ID.

But how come everyone here seems like it was a big hassle for them to get into Israel? My mom had no problem when she went there and I have a couple of friends that go back and forth and they had no problem either.

I think it is different for everyone, when you want to enter Israel.
I always get a thorough security check! Someone told me this is because a young woman traveling alone is supposed to be a high security risk- yeah right???
And with me leaving the country is much more difficult then entering it. Last time they kept me in there so long I told them I would be more than happy to stay if they supplied me with a job and a condo!

The second time I went to Israel and wanted to go home, they kept me in security for so long I almost missed my flight. A friend was taking me to the airport, but was not allowed to go with me. Then after standing in line for over 1 hour, they told me I could have passed right away if my Israeli friend had accompanied me. I was like: WHAT do you guys want? changing the rules every 5 seconds???
So I almost missed my plane and then when I started to get really angry about it- I got my own security guy that walked me through the whole airport whilst he was carrying my luggage. I went through the VIP gates and got my own ride to the airplane- complaining helps sometimes...

Morticia NL. said:
complaining helps sometimes...
Last time I complained somewhere, I was almost arrested. That wasn't even in an airport, that was in the DMV in Oak Park. That's why I still don't have my driver's license. I waited there for a few hours, they told me I don't have the ID I need to get a license (they would only take my birth certificate and passport, they wouldn't take my social security card or NY IDs). I complained, told them that I legally have to carry valid ID and they won't give me one. I also wanted to open a Michigan bank account but no bank would take my expired passport or out of state ID. It was costing me way too much to not be able to deposit my money. I was telling them that but they didn't care. I was getting really pissed (it was also really hot that day and there was no air conditioning, so you could only imagine how much more that would add). I started raising my voice at the person by the desk, I told them I would not leave unless they gave me a valid ID. They told me I cannot get an ID because I don't have what they need, even though it was more than obvious that I am who I say I am with everything I showed them. The security people came to me, I told them to go fuck off because I need an ID and I'm not leaving without one. The lady threatened that she would call the cops if I don't leave. I may be hot headed at times, but I'm not an idiot. I don't need a record because of the dumbass beurocrats at the DMV.