Epiphone Les Paul Special-II

Oh dude, my roommate at school has one, and it is AWFUL. I mean, what do you expect for that price, not to mention that they can cut even more corners and still charge that much because of the LP name? I used to borrow it for band practice when one of my guitars was getting worked on, and I could do a full step pitch dive just by putting my right hand on the front of the body and pushing on the back of the headstock with my left.

I always put myself off owning a les paul, the numerous bells and whistles of other manufactuers such as esp, jackson and ibanez always caught my eye plus I thought my peavey raptor modified with an x2n was the bollox.. Big mistake really. When you give a Gibson les paul a proper chance you'll soon realise most of the tones youve ever heard have been recorded by a gibson les paul or at least easily acheivable with a les paul. I got my standard second hand its an 04 model. Now some may say its a shit year, whatever really. But ive tried it against an 80's custom, 90's standard and modern versions and its blown them all away. What I would say is try loads and dont buy without playing first. Other than that their meat and potatoes really but versatile in the fact that everything they do, they do really well not like a watered down ibanez with no soul like my rg3120.

I got an epiphone les Paul goth and i traded my music man in for it. I love the action of that guitar and it just had that thing were you pick up a guitar and it feels so right. This one was B stock at Music Go Round and i think it was like 400.oo. It also has a Floyd rose and i put an emg 81 in it and I tell you what I will never part with that guitar:headbang: I know there are cheaper epiphones so be careful. I bought one ephiphone Les Paul for my first guitar and it was garbage.

We had a ton of LP Special II's in our store for Xmas and they sold like hotcakes. Most of them were shite but there were a couple that were really nice to play, not PRS nice but more like good Mex Fender nice.