Experienced Guitar Players, HELP ME!

I stand by Jackson. I switched from BC Rich 2.5 years ago and have NOT looked back.

I own the full spectrum as it were. An X series RR to a USA Handmade KV. I love both equally for their own respective charms.
The X Series RR (RX10D), is incrediable for the price, the jackson JT-580 licensed trem is the best licensed floyd on the market and is direct-swappable with an original floyd should you require. The only downside with X series Jacksons are the pups.

Bodom After Breakfast said:
hey Elysian, I really like that Ibanez w/ tremelo that you showed. Is it reliable for $300??
yes, it would be a reliable guitar.

Missiles said:
Medium-low budget Ibanez are the sux0r. The neck twists passed two or three years and the bridge is shit. Obviously, I base this statement on the experience someone had with ONE Ibanez.
i currently own 6 ibanez, from a low end acoustic electric, to my universe... my neck through RG is sort of low end, for a neck through, and i've had it for about 2 years now. i also have a 1994 RG570, a 90 RG470, and an 01 RG7421. none of these have problems, and none of them besides the Universe are particularly high end. stay away from made in indonesia and you'll be fine.

It wasn't made in Indonesia, I think it was from Korea, but I'm not sure.

Anyway, if you have 6 Ibanez ( assuming all of them are 2 or more years old ) and none of them have had any problem, then the my brother's RG was 'the lucky one' of the factory.

I used to play that Ibanez, but I prefer the sound and the neck of my current RR-10DX ( or something like that ). However, I've tried some other Ibanez, and those little tiny necks are pure sex compared to my Jackson's. :D

Missiles said:

Anyway, if you have 6 Ibanez ( assuming all of them are 2 or more years old ) and none of them have had any problem, then the my brother's RG was 'the lucky one' of the factory.

I used to play that Ibanez, but I prefer the sound and the neck of my current RR-10DX ( or something like that ). However, I've tried some other Ibanez, and those little tiny necks are pure sex compared to my Jackson's. :D
if he had a super low end ibanez, it didn't have the wizard II neck... once you try wizard necks you never go back ;)

Errr... I don't think it was a super low end Ibanez, it was like 400-500 €.

That isn't super low, is it? :cry:

Missiles said:

guitars made in korea as far as i know are absolute shite

thank god my rr3 was made in japan

KenShiRo said:
ok i guess korea does make good guitars then :p
actually, its kind of recent that they make good guitars, older korean guitars were sh*t... samick, washburn, and cort actually make most of the korean guitars out there... i know on ibanez if the serial begins with a S its Samick, if its a W its a Washburn, if its a C its Cort, my RGT42 is made by Cort.

Avoid modern bc riches like the fucking plague!!!!! I dont suggest giving your money to a company who's buisiness practices are so shitty, I would suggest an ibanez or jackson, as this has already been mentioned, also if you have the budget, go with an MCS (moser custom shop) they have some of the best guitars out there today period, im getting my bastard V next week and she set me back a pretty penny but worth every cent!

My LTD EC100QM is indonesian made but it is of high quality compared to say epiphones or other low end guitars. If you are moving up from a cheap epiphone you should check out the LTDs. Yes they are a division of ESP but you cant buy the Alexi shape so you wont be branded a fanboy.