Guitar Dilemma

Dec 8, 2005
I have been playing for 3 1/2 years. I own an Epiphone Les Paul Special II, which I an planning to sell but I might not since it was my first guitar. I have $278. I am planning to save up some more to get a new guitar. Considering my price range, any suggestions? I am just looking for some suggestions to broaden my options.

PS: I am considering an Ibanez RG-350DX.

my pay is $9 an hour. I get paid every week. So, my shifts are usually 2-3 hours long. Usually 3-5 shifts per week.

Elysian893 said:
amen to this, you could get a used RG570 on ebay for 300ish and have a guitar that with a pickup upgrade would last you a good 10 years.
Hmmm, I will look into this.

The Soulforged said:
RG 570's are rather nice, but i would recommend goin to a guitar shop with 500 and find somethin you like
i wouldn't, RG570 is bar none the best deal for the money when buying used. better than any 500 dollar new korean made guitar out there. Edge(or LoPro Edge, depending on year) tremelo, make sure to get one with all access neck joint, and the stock pups aren't even terrible, just not as good as say a nice set of dimarzios. you won't top it. plus, jap made, with a Wizard or Wizard II neck...