Tough Guitar Decision

Bodom After Breakfast said:
I appreciate the feedback, umm I want to spend between $300 and $500. I might choose the Ibanez RG-570, because I want an OFR.

I don't think Floyd Rose even exists anymore. If an original Floyd is what you like though, those "original" Peavey Vandenbergs have a sweet Floyd licensed Kahler Spyder They also feature a super thin neck, a hot buck in the bridge and a single razor in the neck, ebony fretboard 24 frets, locks and a reverse headstock. Go get that red one on EBay (though it looks like the razor is gone from the neck) http://cgi.ebay.com/PEAVEY-Vandenberg-USA-Vintage-ELECTRIC-Guitar-HOT-Red_W0QQitemZ7409157933QQcategoryZ33046QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Bryant

My other guitarrist owns not one guitar that's not equipped with a Floyd Rose briidge.literally every single guitar he has has a floyd on it, except for his new one which is still under construction.

i personally cant stand Schecter, my buddy has one and all i can say is :puke:

After playing an ibanez, a Schecter feels like your neck is a tree trunk. And they cut alot of corners as well. On the guitar my buddy bought
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Guitar/Electric?sku=513103
they advertize a set of EMG's, anyways after he buys the guitar he find out that their inactive and they sound like crap.

So he goes and blows another $150 on pickups. Then about a week later he played a PGM ibanez and almost cried because of how much faster it was.

I have never played that model, but from my expericances Schecter is garbage

I never realized how great the instruments made by Ibanez were until I got my 7 string. Shown below:
http://ibanez.com/guitars/guitar.asp?model=RG1527
But mine is different bc it has an impropperly grounded kill switch in it.

That guitar is probably the best value I've ever seen in my entire life. Used in my local guitar center, for $330. The guy told me that it had a pair of DiMarzio Evo's dropped in there, but I don't believe him, because it doesn't sound anything like a DiMarzio Evo. I was debating on either that or a cheaper one without an Edge Pro or a kill switch, but for only $100 less. It was the best buy i ever made in my entire life. it was either that, or the Schecter Damien 7. Thank the Gods I got the RG.

dont make the mistake i did and get a washburn i hate the 7 string i bought for 200 bucks it wasnt bad though it needs new pickups i just think i dont like 7 strings they are to chunky for me neckwise im used to a real slick 76 strat neck thats real smooth small and fast... but w/e im assuming yall being shredders are like me and dont like les pauls or gibsons much for that matter right ??

i like sgs but the necks to chunky they need a more ibanez/fenderish neck and fender needs more crunchy pups but i usually swap em out of any guitar so i go between ibanez at fender...

i dont even shred most of the time i just cant stand a 2 inch thick and 2 1/2 inch wide neck

RobbM said:

CHeck your PMs RobbM.... anyway, it was sort of a joke. I have never owned a guitar with an actual Floyd.

On a side note..... I know it seems like I am always giving advice... it is merely stating an opinion. I don't consider myself a guitar guru by any stretch of the imagination. HOWEVER, I will make one exception with this..... FLoyds/FRlic/ANY "floating" tremola looks and sounds cool, but unless you are doing a great deal of divebombing or need to vibratto sharp (up) with your tremola, I would strongly suggest trying a standard tremola without locking nuts and see if it hinders your style any. A flucking Foyd will have you doing more setup/adjustments/string tuning/losing allen wrenches/bottoming out fine tuners/loosening locking nuts/dropping them under the couch etc. than playing. A guitar with a floating tremola system and locking nuts requires about 5 times the maintenance of a "standard tremola or fixed bridge set up. I probably won't ever buy another guitar with a floating system.

Bryant

Kenneth R. said:
um... BB King's Black Beauty disagrees with that absurd statement.

The mighty Gibson Marauder (despite the strange pickup configuration) would also disagree as well. That was my first guitar. It was a maple laminated lead (as in a heavy pliable gray colored metal) guitar and weighed about 200 pounds (or at least it felt that way) but the rock maple guitar had some serious tone and the wide fretboard was great for string bending.
http://www.guitarcrazy.com.au/images/Inventory/Guitars/Gibson/Other_Electric/Marauder.jpg '

I screwed that guitar up routing out the blade pickup hole so a buck would fit. I had an 81 in there though. Man I wish I still had that thing.

Bryant