EQ starting points

but all guitars are in different tunings!!!!
so: a´ =440Hz

440x12^ROOT (2^x)

x=your nodes (half-tones) included the starting point:

So if you want a c´´=783Hz

it´s very dangerous to just cut after a map!!!so If your guitar player is tuned to b you just cut all his tone and the harmonic vibes of his tone

with clean guitar, yes. Gain adds harmonics all over the place though, many of which are shared across broad ranges of notes. So some cookie cutter eq tips can apply to different tunings

but each instrument sounds quite different.
You maybe can give tips for a marshall cab->like 200hz sounds crazy, cut that shit....;)

but you cant say: cut 440hz because my peavey sounds strange there, when you are tuned to a´.

So you cutting the main frequenz of your guitar....

In all metal/hardcore stuff guitars are the main instrument:
what I do.
1.I check what the tuning is.
2.I try to DONT tough the main freqzencies
3.I filter out space (thats not neccecary for the sound) which the drums need:
Like 60hz fir kick-5k for kick click. 250hz for snare low bottom....

4. then the same for the bass.
I always try to give the bass the 3k area, bacause there is alot of crisp
But when the bass is tuned very low, this place is maybe at 2,5k

In all metal/hardcore stuff guitars are the main instrument:
what I do.
1.I check what the tuning is.
2.I try to DONT tough the main freqzencies
3.I filter out space (thats not neccecary for the sound) which the drums need:
Like 60hz fir kick-5k for kick click. 250hz for snare low bottom....

4. then the same for the bass.
I always try to give the bass the 3k area, bacause there is alot of crisp
But when the bass is tuned very low, this place is maybe at 2,5k

really nice tips there, thanks for sharing that knowledge

A very important thing to learn is to use 1 band EQ and just go up and down the frequency ranges in order to understand what is actually happening when you boost or cut a certain frequency.

I wont go on and on, its up to you if you want to be told where to start with EQ, it is however like being led by the blind - or in this case the deaf. They cannot hear you instance that requires the EQ.

The other main issue you are going to have if that you might use EQ for no reason at all just because you have this preset. If this is the case you are seriously swallowing bullshit.

But so what, its good to have a starting point right? Even if in reality the starting point should actually be flat EQ.

The honest truth is that presets are bollocks and do not help, they may sound good on the actual source they should be on but take this from me if nothing else, your own experience will be the only truth that will translate this into reality for you.

(geez I only rememember where I was when this all seemed like it could be answered through settings of plug ins)

I need to learn more about how to go about high and low passing different aspects of the mix .
Wouldn't it be better to only high pass the parts of the mix associated with more treble and less bass ? and low / high pass things like kicks and bass guitar separately?