Equipment anybody??

Rocksolidamps said:
Cool So Craig at Dana B Good's gave you the hookup?

Derek
Yeah, Craigs the man. Did you get your Dellinger yet? Your gonna love it, Caparison necks rule.

JMequipped.jpg

is that an EMG SA in the neck position of all your caparison guitars, James?
is it the same tone as the EMG 89 when it's splitted in single coil mode?

guitarfamily.gif

Left to right - BC Rich 1983 NJ Stealth, Ibanez 7 string, Ibanez RG550, Jackson WRMG, Jackson JDR 94, Fernandes Limited Edition.

Amp - AVT 50 Head, 4/12 Cab

Effects - Boss ME-50

JacksonWarrior.gif

The newest member, without a doubt one of the best guitars ive ever played. The EMG HZ's are supprisingly very good, great heavy tone to them, but also have enough clarity.

If you want one guys, theres one on Ebay now.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33035&item=7315424869&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

I got mine for £130 ($250). Very nice playing guitar indeed for a 20 year old guitar. The main flaw with the NJ series in my opnion is it's very difficult to reach the 24th fret because the neck cutaway is too high.

They are incredably light though and have some very good stock pickups.

Theres also a USA Stealth on ebay at the moment. One of the 1984 originals. If you can afford it, id get it personally because its doubtful u will see one again.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33035&item=7316360815&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

here is my gear:
Pictures-a014.jpg

Pictures-a016.jpg

ibanez rg 7321, hopefully soon i will upgrade the pickups (looking at blaze)
esp ltd b204, perhaps i will upgrade those pickups too
line 6 pod xt, with metal pack
line 6 bass pod xt

I know... I must give B.C. Rich credit for not wanting to rush it onto the market as a full production model after Chuck's passing. I know Washburn (illegaly) ran off a bunch more Dime signature guitars after his murder.

I would love to get a Stealth... They're beautiful guitars, and I have to wonder just how much Jackson had it in mind when they made their Warrior line.

This is what I have and am overall pretty happy with it, though one day an Engl Powerball (or Framus Cobra...) will be mine. :)

Amps: 5150, Carvin Quad X/DCM150
Guitars: Jacksons, Brawley A-322

toinouf said:
JMequipped.jpg

is that an EMG SA in the neck position of all your caparison guitars, James?
is it the same tone as the EMG 89 when it's splitted in single coil mode?
all the guitars in the pic are Caparisons.. the single coil looking pickups in the Dellingers are EMG SA-90's and the humbucker in the Angelus is an EMG 89.

James, what do you recommend for EMGs. I want a thrashy crunch. Everyone tells me to go for an 81 and 85, just thought i'd ask what you'd recommend.