ESP and Lead Guitar

Insania

As Good As Dead
Jun 7, 2002
Sacramento
Visit site
Listened to Rapture this morning, just wondering if Eric plays any leads in either this disc or any Testament tune.

I never think to watch during the shows, and I don't recall the credits ever saying "Solo by:" so I assume Steve pulls all the shreds...

NP -- 3 Days of Darkness

So...I take it that there must be some Testament leads by the Dragonlorde himself, if he's gonna do some for DL. I'd have to think Skolnick did all the ones while he was around, but am wondering about later Testament material.

A Lead can sometimes be hard to pick out, it might be considered just a highly technical supporting riff...take Wolf Hunt - where there should be a lead, it's more like a rhythm 'cranked up high'. That one is pure madness.

I don't see why ESP has to be in your title :guh:

Eric usually plays Caparison (I think) and Steve plays BC Rich.

I certainly hope there wasn't an ESP deal in the works...

*hates esp with a passion* :loco:

No...I assume ESP is Eric's initials, it's in his screen name, has nothing to do with brand of guitar:D

Rhythm guitar, especially a DUELING team, is the best. That sound, esp when you harmonize the rhythm, can't be beat! Pathos with their Violated song, a cool example...a band that grabbed me just recently.

xenophobe said:
I don't see why ESP has to be in your title :guh:

Eric usually plays Caparison (I think) and Steve plays BC Rich.

I certainly hope there wasn't an ESP deal in the works...

*hates esp with a passion* :loco:

actually, eric doesn't play ESP guitars as much anymore. *everyone* seems to be playing ESP these days, huh?

eric is a DEAN guitar player. have you seen the 'DEAN GIRLS' :D? at the 2004 NAMM show there was a huge poster of him at the DEAN booth! i'll post it if i can find it.

it is james murphy who plays CAPARISON guitars!

steve is sticking with BC RICH (yaaay!).

Insania said:
No...I assume ESP is Eric's initials, it's in his screen name, has nothing to do with brand of guitar:D

Rhythm guitar, especially a DUELING team, is the best. That sound, esp when you harmonize the rhythm, can't be beat! Pathos with their Violated song, a cool example...a band that grabbed me just recently.

yes, ESP are eric's initials.

are you talking about pathos again??? i saw your post on the TL board :lol:. no offense, but i'm not a big fan of the swedish scene. i'm more of a norwegian metal fan. american metal is #1, of course!

ms. anthrope said:
i'm not a big fan of the swedish scene. i'm more of a norwegian metal fan.
With all your Emperor posts in the NP thread -- Damn, I had no idea...:D

Seems to polarize people, either you like the Swedish stuff or you don't, no middle ground.

I don't have enough fingers and toes, so I can only think of 20 Swedish bands I like...

But Ms. Anthrope, yesterday, an impulse buy, I picked up Anthems to the Welken at Dusk. Only listened to a few, the third track was on a BW&BK disc, I think, I've heard it before.

I'll try it...:loco: Bought the nex Exodus and others, so it'll take a while to get to.

it could be an "acquired taste." i wasn't what you would call a huge black metal fan when i first heard them. i got a sampler from century media some years ago and kept listening to it, and it was love :lol:. the earlier emperor albums aren't of the best production. you might want to check out their newer stuff, like "prometheus."

gonna get the h-1000 deluxe soon. not exactly a metal guitar but damn nice piece of wood imo :)
H1000_asb.jpg