ESP or Caparison? Or something else?

Executorg

Aug 14, 2008
Hi. Help me choise new guitar :)
I need guitar with good modern sound on heavy riffs in drop c.

What be the best for it?
1. Some of ESP Original Series
2. Caparison TAT
3. Caparison Dellinger
4. Something else?

Need you advice.

If you do have the moneyzzz go for the TAT special.The other TAT's have alder body which lacks thickness and low end compared to mahogany imo.I personally own a Dellinger and its a fucking AMAZING guitar,except the fact that is a 1800 euros BOLT on axe(i got it used so i saved my self some cash).On the other hand, a Horizon or an Eclipse are cheaper,sound awesome too, and their finish kicks ass.

All of them are great axes.Listen,feel an pick one

Listen,feel an pick one
With this problem.
In my town there is no such guitars, and I want buy it on japan auction.

TAT Special is unfortunately too expensive for me.

What pickups on you Dellinger?

Forgot to say - I don't want set EMG on guitar.
I think blackouts or passive will be better.

i think any modest sized all mahogany guitar with EMGs will do fine. i personally love my esp eclipse it has the tightly focused tone that i like, even though its 24.75" scale, drop c is fine, altough i would prefer a 25" scale with the same setup.

fuck why doesnt esp make a 25" scale guitar in their standard offerings.

i think any modest sized all mahogany guitar with EMGs will do fine. i personally love my esp eclipse it has the tightly focused tone that i like, even though its 24.75" scale, drop c is fine, altough i would prefer a 25" scale with the same setup.

fuck why doesnt esp make a 25" scale guitar in their standard offerings.

Well they do make tons of 25.5" models ;) Just none in the Les Paul shape! (in fact, the only company I know of that does is Carvin)

Well they do make tons of 25.5" models ;) Just none in the Les Paul shape! (in fact, the only company I know of that does is Carvin)

+1

Most of the scale lengths are consistent with the body design they are based off...Vipers, Eclipses and EX's are gibby inspired, gibby scale.

M's, H's, MH's, F's are more superstrat/double cutaway inspired, so they use 25.5".

Hi. Help me choise new guitar :)
I need guitar with good modern sound on heavy riffs in drop c.

What be the best for it?
1. Some of ESP Original Series
2. Caparison TAT
3. Caparison Dellinger
4. Something else?

Need you advice.

I've got an Angelus and love it. I have nothing but good things to say about Caparison guitars. I've had a few ESP's and didn't like the Eclipse II that I had at all...but the Horizon NT-II I had was a great guitar for the money. If you're looking for a 25.5" scale guitar I'd really recommend a Caparison Dellinger or Ibanez RGA. The ESP Standard series stuff is cool, but I feel that you get more bang for your buck with Caparison or Ibanez. They may set you back a little more...but they're definitely worth it.

Now some pron shots.

Caparison

OutsideHGS2.jpg

Ibanez RGA

IMG_1468.jpg

My old Horizon

IMAG0048-1.jpg

My old Eclipse

IMAG0009.jpg

I'm sorry, but that Ibanez RGA321 is the same price as the Horizon, and that Angelus costs twice as much. How can you say that Ibanez and Caparison give you more bang for buck? Is the Caparison more than twice as good as the Horizon?? I'm really not following here.

I think they just cost that much more cause they're hand crafted and not as mass production as the ESP's and Ibanez(more unique lets say).TBH above the 1200 euro price range you cant see much of a difference. It's very tiny bullshit things that boost the price up.

I'm sorry, but that Ibanez RGA321 is the same price as the Horizon, and that Angelus costs twice as much. How can you say that Ibanez and Caparison give you more bang for buck? Is the Caparison more than twice as good as the Horizon?? I'm really not following here.

The Angelus is twice as much as the Horizon, but he was asking about TAT's and Dellingers. A used a used Dellinger can be had for $1,000-$1,500. A used Horizon can be had for $900-$1,100. A used RGA321 was going for $900-$1,100 until their recent price drop. So in the $1,000 range yes, after working as a tech and owning 60+ guitars over the years, I feel you get more guitar with your dollar with Ibanez and Caparison than with ESP. However, if as a personal preference you would choose an ESP SS model over say a Suhr...then awesome! To each their own.

Yeah, no doubt ESP makes very nice guitars... but I don't regret shelling out the extra cash for my Dellinger II SE at any second. The whole package is just perfect to me: the looks, the handling/playability, the construction, the sounds, the features. For that money you just want perfection down to every detail, not cutting corners at any of those points, including superficial aspects like the look.

I am just a bit oversaturated by many ESP designs/finishes.

Angelus looks superb :worship:

Ok, I think I will buy Сaparison. But, TAT or Dellinger - still not chose :)

BTW, tried someone put Blackouts on Caparison Dellinger/TAT? How they sounds on Cap's?

ESP Original Series are made in the Custom Shop, I believe. I don't think Original Series is the same as Standard Series.

Don't want to sound like an ass but try them out if you can and buy the one you really like. I finally went with a ESP Horizont FRII because it is confortable to play on and its beautiful. Not that anyone would hear the difference between a 1000 and a 2000 quid guitar anyway:lol:

Man, this is why i hate being left-handed sometimes, i would go for a caparison, but they don't make 'em for lefty's :cry: