Once again...LTD Ahrue Luster oder Viper Baritone?

hogan666

Mar 7, 2006
Mannheim, Germany
www.liquid-artz.com
Hi,

sorry for getting on your nerves with such dumb questions *g*
I've been at my music store on Saturday, to check out the esp viper and the Ahrue Luster LTD Viper.

Hey, there was no fuckin difference between the LTD and the ESP in playing/feeling. I really didn't notice the 600 € price difference.
Maybe it was a bad esp, but the 1.700 € F-Series was nice, but not the holy grail to me ;-)

The Ahrue Luster was nice, especially the neck/body transistion.
Sound was ok, but the emg81 are way too much for my taste.

I'm a bit in a dilema, if I should buy the ltd viper baritone, 'cause of me playing in Drop C Tuning or the Ahrue Luster, which seems to be a good guitar to me.

Don't know if the regular LTD Viper is as good as the Ahrue Luster and if the Baritone is a problem for my short fingers?!

So many questions :(

Cheers, Hogan

The longer scale may prove getting used to... a friend of mine sold his baritone because he had smaller hands and couldn't adapt... took him 6 months to figure it out...

I have the first model Viper Baritone that esp/ltd came out with... its nice. I dont play it as much anymore... but its still nice...

The only thing which speaks for the baritone to me, is the tighter sound in the low regions. Don't know if it makes that much difference to a 24,75" Standard neck, when dropped down to DropC.

My plan is to buy LTD Viper Baritone or Standard and upgrade it with the sperzel locking tuners and the tonepro bridge, which should result in a nice guitar for the money.

Does anyone know the diifference between the LTD Viper 500S and the standard Viper 400?!

Ok the bridge is string through and theres no binding and no ugly flag inlays ;-)

Yeah, my baritone has dots... I hate the flag inlays...

but, it does make a nice difference in C... its tighter and its hella fun pulling pinch harmonics on the low strings/frets.

I use a set of D'Addario XL 12-52... but i throw the 52 away and replace it with a 56... i fucking love it... i play the guitar like I swing a bat... and never broke a D'Addario string... that and I tune to Drop B (C# Standard).

I've got about 9 guitars and some acoustics... and this is probably my favorite tuning.

I really don't mean to insult Ahrue Luster, but why does he have a signature guitar? I could see a Rob Flynn model, but i haven heard of anything by Ahrue Luster since he parted ways with Machine Head.