Evergrey at Scottsdale, AZ

wolfrider

The Stormrider
May 22, 2004
Mexico city
Better late than never... so here's my show review...

Went all the way from Mexico city to Arizona just to see 3 of my favs bands. I had the chance to meet all the guys before the show. Evergrey was looking for a near place to buy food, but everything was far from the venue. Tom, Henrik and Jonas were the coolest guys on the planet, talked to them for a while and got some awesome pics with them. I had press access, so I could have an interview with Laiho and Tim Owens, which is a great guy.

Evergrey was the best thing of the night... Their energy is unique. It was great watching 5 scandinavian guys headbanging their ass off as hard as they could. Even the drummer headbanged as hell. Their setlist was amazing... but I missed The Great Deceiver, I'm sorry and Visions... anyway, Opening with Blinded and closing with The Masterplan was amazing.

Bodom was lower than the average... not a good setlist and that spitting thing from Laiho was horrible...

Iced Earth... what can I say... FLAWLESS !!! During the IE show, Tom and Jonas were at a balconly enjoying the show. Suddenly during the Gettysburg trilogy they went down to the crowd and start cheering and singing the IE songs. Tim Owens noticed that and threw some water to the spot where Tom and Jonas were... they were laughing their asses out... it was really funny.

On the final song, Iced Earth, Jonas and Tom went crowd surfing !!!! It was hilarious. The funniest thing I've ever seen in a metal show. Those guys know how to make it cool.

:headbang: :headbang:

The darkest corner of your mind is where we choose to live...

Yeah I was there, killer show. Evergrey didn't play I'm Sorry though, neither The Great Deciever....They played A Touch Of Blessing, Blinded, Masterplan, Solitude Within, Rulers Of The Mind and More Than Ever. And I was out there when Tom, Jonas, and Michael were crowd surfing, I helped pick them all up, and my my Tom is a heavy man, hehe. But yeah, one of favorite shows of all time, Evergrey was on top of their game, I hope they can headline next time they come here.

Me and my friends were all there lined up in the very front of the stage. I was on the lefthand side where Tim(I don't fucking care he's still "Ripper 2 me) kept pointin. I'd definitely agree Iced was one of the best performances I've ever witnessed. Pretty much everything was cool, but the serious highlights were Violate and Burning Times. Burning Times was fuckin flawless and Heavy as shit. It fuckin ruled. Evergrey wasn't half bad themselves. First song started off heavy which is rare for opening bands. I've never heard them live before, but they're definitely one of the few bands that sound better live. And definitely Iced Earth would have to be included. CoB sounded way fuckin better than last time they played which btw was at that venue for AZ during the Dimmu tour. Alexi finally played Everytime I Die after I shouted it out like 8 fuckin times. That and Angels Don't Kill were like the only two songs that sounded decent from them that night. But all in all, CoB was the WORST performance up there. That's how kick ass the other two were. Funny shit when Alexi spit water all over the middle row. 4 of my friends all got soaked in a mild mix of saliva, H20 and Kimberly's clit juice. We met the Evergrey band, drank a few beers with em and then I got to talk with Ripper by the tourbus after the show. It was unusual to see most all the bands out there signing autographs out in the back alleys about 15 minutes after the show ended without any backstage pass clearance or anything. Ripper changed his outfit and tried to take a low profile while he was back there while he signed as if it was some sort of fuckin disguise. We all noticed it was him even though there were not more than 20 of us.

I know they didn't play The Great Deceiver and I'm sorry... what I was trying to say is that I'd love to hear those tunes live... as they are my favs, anyway,the evergrey setlist rocked. Recreation day and Blinded were amazing. I'll be posting all the pics I have from that show.. mostly are Iced Earth pics, but I have some with Tom, Jonas and Henrik and some with Henkka and Alexi from CoB.

The darkest corner of your mind is where we choose to live...

Storm, I think I was right behind you during Bodom and Iced Earth. Some girl fell, oh man, she probably has red hand marks all over her tits and arse. That was right behind you guys if I remember correctly. Killer Show.

I was there. I thought Bodom was actually the most intense band of the night and got the best response from the crowd. Evergrey and Iced Earth kicked almost as much ass though. Iced Earth's sound wasn't "live" enough. It sounded like a loud studio recording.

Lets face it guys that show was a dream come true. I am a fan of all 3 and I was extremely excited to get to see that show. They all were great fun to watch!

I was there. I thought Bodom was actually the most intense band of the night and got the best response from the crowd. Evergrey and Iced Earth kicked almost as much ass though. Iced Earth's sound wasn't "live" enough. It sounded like a loud studio recording.

I Agree. Bodom was intense! As for Everygrey and Iced Earth, I thought they were both awesome! :headbang:

Lets face it guys that show was a dream come true. I am a fan of all 3 and I was extremely excited to get to see that show. They all were great fun to watch!

Yes, it was a dream come true for me too! :)
Kick ass show! :headbang: