Milwaukee Show Review

BABS

Feb 11, 2002
Visit site
Hello everyone. Last Friday I flew out of Rochester to Milwaukee to visit with my friend Debbie, catch up with Alicia (who is really great at shoving me back into the crowd when pushed into her!), and go to the IE/CoB/Evergrey show!

It kicked the almighty a** my friends! Excellent show (this is my opinion) being that I've never really seen Evergrey put on a bad show! This has probably been my 3rd-4th time seeing them.

I was able to get my copy of The Inner Circle signed by everyone and met Jonas briefly at the merch area.

During Iced Earth's set I was back toward the bar area being that the ballroom was just filled with people. What was cool about that is toward the end Ripper Owens is letting out one hell of a note and holding it forever and I noticed Tom standing next to me. I tapped him on the shoulder, he bent down to listen to what I had to say and I whispered "Bet you can't do that!". Big Tom laughed, & shook his head "no". Ha Ha

The award goes out to Mike because he actually had his own Sharpie magic marker when it came to signing my cd, shame on all the others (lol)! I think that maybe Inside Out needs to build that into your budget (giggle).

Another plus was running into all the people that I saw at Progpower in the crowd! Amazing man, we are like our own little cult - or should I say "Inner Circle"? :)

Best of luck to Evergrey for the rest of the tour!

That's hilarious about the Tom part! I wouldn't want to even see him try to get that high note. Maybe if he got kicked in the junk he could hit it! Ripper is good, but Barlow's vocals are more emotional in my opinion.

They played the following songs: (order is probably messed up)

Blinded
Rulers of the Mind
Recreation Day
End of Your Days
More Than Ever
A Touch of Blessing
The MasterPlan

ProgMetalFan said:
that's a pretty kickass setlist... of course, i guess you just can't go wrong with Evergrey!

I know. It would be very difficult to come up with a bad Evergrey setlist. They could easily have five completely different setlists and five incredible concerts.