Evergrey Gear Thread

SliderJeff

Got any tacquitos?
Aug 20, 2002
Visit site
Ok, guys. So I watched most of the behind the scenes and studio footage from the DVD back before I sent it in to get a "fixed" version, but it didn't really answer my questions in terms of what gear was used on each cd. In particular, it appeared that there was not much studio footage showing gear from the ISOT sessions, which I am most interested in. Can anyone fill in the blanks for certain on what gear was used on each cd? I know Henrik and Tom go into detail for the Recreation Day gear... though that seemed more their live setups as opposed to studio. Also, I'm not sure why Henrik had such a bad karma vibe about people asking about his gear. If he really wanted to close the door on people asking any more questions, he would have given specifics for each cd, IMHO. Clearly it's up to him and Tom what they share as far as info goes, but c'mon... why get so angry at fans?

Anyway, thanks for any help in filling in the blanks.

Regs,
Jeff

Well Jeff, basically I know that both Henrik and Tom has used quite a few amps in the past. At the time of ISOT I think that they both used rack-units, (Peavey 50/50, M-B TriAxis, and Peavey Tube Fex preamps according to this picture: http://www.evergrey.net/gallery/details.php?image_id=265). Then they went on to Randalls because they got endorsed. Also, I think that Henrik has A/B:ed Peavey 5150 heads and Randalls live with G-Major units.

I know that Henrik was going to buy a a Pod XT Live (not exactly sure for what though), and that he has used an old G&K combo for recording some instrumental solo song (which was amazing by the way).

I think that Henrik is just fed up with people being more intressed in his gear, rather than the music he creates.