Guitar Tone on In Search of Truth

dominick9998

New Metal Member
Dec 19, 2008
Hey guys! I'm new to the forum and just wanted to start off by saying "Hi!" I'm a massive EG fan from the states, specifically Arizona.

Anyways, I was wondering what you guys thought of the guitar tone from In Search of Truth. After having listened to the new one "Torn," I was comparing tones and I think that their new tone is obviously more metal influenced whereas, ISOT's tone was something else all together. I love the tone on that ISOT, the rhythm tone sounds a little too digital for me, but I absolutely love the lead tone. What do you guys think?

Also, does anyone know what kind of guitar gear was used on ISOT? I've emailed Henrik, but obvioulsy they're busy and I did not receive a response.

Thanks, Dom

Hey guys! I'm new to the forum and just wanted to start off by saying "Hi!" I'm a massive EG fan from the states, specifically Arizona.

Anyways, I was wondering what you guys thought of the guitar tone from In Search of Truth. After having listened to the new one "Torn," I was comparing tones and I think that their new tone is obviously more metal influenced whereas, ISOT's tone was something else all together. I love the tone on that ISOT, the rhythm tone sounds a little too digital for me, but I absolutely love the lead tone. What do you guys think?

Also, does anyone know what kind of guitar gear was used on ISOT? I've emailed Henrik, but obvioulsy they're busy and I did not receive a response.

Thanks, Dom

Ibanez axes, Peavey 50/50, MesaBoogie TriAxis. Very tasty progmetal guitar tone, I agree.

Actually tom had his caparison at the time :) well atleast with the vid...Henk had the Ibanez..

Hey, has anyone got the studio photo from EG's ooooold website which had the Peavey 50/50 and the Triaxis in it? The photo was mentioned in the Andy Sneap forum a few months ago, and using the UM search, someone used to have it on this forum

Cheers