gear

BrandonS

Apr 5, 2003
Greets.

I didn't know if there was a list anywhere, but I was wondering what gear the guys use. What's Swanos' gear? Nouga's? :)

I'm particularly interested in hearing what heads / cabs / interfaces used by the band and in Swanos home studio! :erk:

The stuff we use at the moment is:

Rehearsal:

Dan:

Gibson SG
Peavey 5150 MkI + Marshall JCM1960
BOSS GX700
AKG wireless
DB IN ear
Tech 21 floorboard

Dag:

Ibanez Blazer
Peavey 5150 Mk1 + Marshall JCM1960
POD XT + modelpacks
Digitech Floorboard

Studio:

Dan:

Revalver II

Dag:

Pod XT

When we can, we use whatever good valveamps we can find..
Mesa Boogie is nice, but for the next record I suspect we will try a combinator of "kött" like Mesa and "tone" like an old Marshall

Hej hej

Dan
:loco:

Ah, I see Dag uses the POD XT. I've been contemplating getting one of those for a while. And I guess if it's good enough for Nightingale it'll surely to the trick for me.

I saw a used JCM1960 Marshall but decided to pick up something else. I ordered stuff a week ago, and I was surprised to see we chose the same amp head to say the least. :p It must be good, I'm excited to try it out once it comes in... So you guys use multi-effects pedals like the Boss and Pod stuff instead of getting like, a distortion pedal, and individual pedals? Do you find that you get better results that way or what? :eek:

Thanks a ton for the typing, Dan! I'm really curious to know though, what is so great about the Marshall JCM1960's? They're a bit pricy, ain't they?

So you guys use multi-effects pedals like the Boss and Pod stuff instead of getting like, a distortion pedal, and individual pedals? Do you find that you get better results that way or what? :eek:

I only have two feets and i need at least one to stand on :)
The way we change sounds it would be impossible to use Stompboxes.
I think stompboxes is a bit overrated. Programming rules :headbang:
In a live situation, 9 out of 10 times, a ( fat ) soundguys gonna fuck up
your sound anyway :lol:

Hahah... Well I was thinking of becoming a soundguy, but I don't want to be the fat soundguy responsible for ruining tones that everyone hates. :p So were you justifying using a multi-effects pedal because the guy will ruin it anyway, or do you genuinely believe that the multi-effects pedals give better results than stompboxes?

Though I do agree, hahah!! Running across the stage to every corner to kick a different stomp box would be a funny thing to see, and probably very tiring for the guitarist. :) Cheers!

If you're rich you could midi-control a set of sompboxes the same way as a multi-pedal. But that still includes moving around 15 stompboxes to each gig etc, I go with the multi-fx, in my case, boss gt-6. I've seen Dan Swanö, Mikael Åkerfeldt and Anders Nyström live with those GT-babies, and, well, its a nice gadget in every way, takes some time to master the tweaking.

pedal because the guy will ruin it anyway, or do you genuinely believe that the multi-effects pedals give better results than stompboxes?

I haven´t heard many "new" stomboxes and i haven´t used one for 10 years. The Line6 stuff is the only digital i know well and i think
they sounds like the "old anlog" boxes as far as i remember.
I think almost any stuff sounds good enough these days.
Just give me a few minutes and it sounds like me, whatever amp/effects:
Its all in the fingers :headbang:

Well I'm glad you guys use lots of sounds. Its nice hearing bands that aren't afraid to have various tones, effects on. So many metal bands dial in one tone/sound and record 3 albums worth of it.

Nice to hear props for digital systems too, as I keep debating if I want to buy more digital or analog, and where to start for effects pedals. Think I'll just get a digital combo one instead of one for each type of sound.