List of best gear for Heavy Music.

demian79

New Metal Member
Oct 13, 2007
Hi Ya!
I want to make a list of the rack audio gear mostly used or most recommended in Heavy metal recording with a Daw System (mixerless) . Specially for Guitars.

What rack gear do you used or recomend guys ? What gear has proven to be good for guitar recording. I imagine that would be a Preamp, Converter but what more is commonly used in the Heavy area ? Maybe something like a must :kickass:?

I have seen and read a lot about pres, converters, sequencers, Compressors, eqs, but dont know if they are commonly used in the heavy/death metal field.

Basically looking for gear which you already has used and gave you excellent results.

Thanks,
Demian.

Hi Ya!
I want to make a list of the rack audio gear mostly used or most recommended in Heavy metal recording with a Daw System (mixerless) . Specially for Guitars.

What rack gear do you used or recomend guys ? What gear has proven to be good for guitar recording. I imagine that would be a Preamp, Converter but what more is commonly used in the Heavy area ? Maybe something like a must :kickass:?

I have seen and read a lot about pres, converters, sequencers, Compressors, eqs, but dont know if they are commonly used in the heavy/death metal field.

Basically looking for gear which you already has used and gave you excellent results.

Thanks,
Demian.

Demian,

I'm guessing you are a newbie here and to recording. If not, then....Anyway, your best bet is to search around the forum and see what other dudes/dudettes are doing.

I think you are on the wrong track though. It's not the gear as much as it is the engineer and the musician. Not by a long shot. Search and you'll see what I mean!

Edit: and yes, EMGs are the most important piece of gear LOL!