Evergrey help?

SeaStorm

Jun 24, 2004
Minnesota, USA
Anyone here an Evergrey fan? I'm going to the St. Paul stop on the Evergrey/Sabaton US tour in 5 hours. I'm there strictly for Sabaton, who I am a big fan of. Evergrey? Meh. I've never been able to get into them. I'm wondering if you guys have any song suggestions that I should check out during the day today to change my mind about them. At this point, I'm considering heading home after Sabaton is done.

I'm much more of a power fan than a prog fan, but I still loves me some prog (Dream Theater, Threshold, Darkwater, Seventh Wonder). That could be the root of my indifference perhaps.

When Matt entered that "write the lyrics" contest, was that an Evergrey song? I can't remember and can't find it via search.

Thanks in advance for any help! I find that sometimes I kick myself when I discover later that I like a band, then realize I missed or failed to enjoy my one chance to see them live. Help me prevent that! :loco:

I saw Evergrey live in 2001 at ProgPower, which is when I decided to buy their albums (they only had two at the time) and have been a fan ever since. Try "The Masterplan" from their In Search of Truth album. I think it has a very catchy chorus. It's odd that for all of the Evergrey albums I have, I can't really say one song stands out more than another.

I ended up only staying for the first two songs of Evergrey then heading home (long day at work tomorrow). I am so glad you suggested The Masterplan, because it was the second song they played! :D

Sabaton was awesome! Due to my very good fortune of having a concert promoter as a friend, I got to have dinner with them before the show. Cool bunch of guys!