Evergrey in the US?

MadeInNewJersey

nursing my wounds
Apr 15, 2002
The Ridge
www.discogs.com
I spend a fair deal of time on the ProgPower board, and the promoter of that event, Glenn, has all but said that EverGrey will be invited to play every other PP festival. That would put them here in November 2003. Is there a chance they are coming to the US before then, for say, a mini-tour or something?

NP: NP: Cruachan - The Middle Kingdom

Originally posted by markgugs
I spend a fair deal of time on the ProgPower board, and the promoter of that event, Glenn, has all but said that EverGrey will be invited to play every other PP festival. That would put them here in November 2003. Is there a chance they are coming to the US before then, for say, a mini-tour or something?

NP: NP: Cruachan - The Middle Kingdom

I think Evergrey should definately do a tour of the U.S. after the release of their next album in January.

Originally posted by ProgMetalFan

I think Evergrey should definately do a tour of the U.S. after the release of their next album in January.

Well, we're on the same wavelength with that...who do you think would make a good lineup with them? Let's assume either:

1) They headline w/ 2 smaller acts, OR
2) They're the middle band in a 3-band bill, with a major headliner

Thoughts?

Well, we're on the same wavelength with that...who do you think would make a good lineup with them? Let's assume either:

1) They headline w/ 2 smaller acts, OR
2) They're the middle band in a 3-band bill, with a major headliner

Thoughts?

I would prefer to see them headline... since they are one of my favorite bands.

I'm not sure how many "major" headliners are out there anymore that they could open for. I think they could be a good opener for Maiden. But I don't think they would fit with the Slayer crowd. Other than that... I can't think of any metal bands anymore that are big in the U.S.

I think a headlining tour... or maybe a co-headlining tour would be the best for the fans and the band.

Originally posted by ProgMetalFan

I would prefer to see them headline... since they are one of my favorite bands.

I'm not sure how many "major" headliners are out there anymore that they could open for. I think they could be a good opener for Maiden. But I don't think they would fit with the Slayer crowd. Other than that... I can't think of any metal bands anymore that are big in the U.S.

I think a headlining tour... or maybe a co-headlining tour would be the best for the fans and the band.

How about a mid-sized venue tour opening for Queensryche? Two reasons: 1) Queensryche is just bigger, and (can't verify) but I heard that DeGarmo might be coming back, 2) Evergrey just doesn't have enough fans to completely sell a headlining gig in the States.

@vedr4n: I like your lineup! Sonata's never been here, and Kamelot seems to never tour.

How about a mid-sized venue tour opening for Queensryche? Two reasons: 1) Queensryche is just bigger, and (can't verify) but I heard that DeGarmo might be coming back, 2) Evergrey just doesn't have enough fans to completely sell a headlining gig in the States.

@vedr4n: I like your lineup! Sonata's never been here, and Kamelot seems to never tour.

Yeah... Queensryche would be cool... but I have a feeling that many of today's QR fans don't really care for metal... plus it would be sad to see Evergrey destroy the once-great but now-pathetic Queensryche.

...and Geoff said that Degarmo is not coming back... but who knows? QR always seems to be rather confusing...

...and Geoff said that outside writers will be writing the new QR album...

Still... in theory... if QR was still the band they were in '94... I would definately say "Yes!" I did think they put on an excellent performance opening for Maiden in 2000 though...

Originally posted by Pilgrim
My dream tour would be...

Symphony X
Evergrey
Pain of Salvation.

Can someone make this happen???? How about next weekend.:p

Ummm... you're talking about my 3 favorite bands there... so obviously that would be my dream tour as well!