Evergrey news

evergreycrew

New Metal Member
Jun 5, 2007
Stenkullen, sweden
Hi Folks!

On the behalf of Evergrey , we will improve the participation and try to be more proactive at this forum.The boys will start to interact more on a regular basis at this forum.So this WILL improve for sure.I will start to tell you about the current situation, since there has been very quiet about the band.As you all know, Fredrik Larsson was the temporary bass player after Michael left. Fredrik has now re-joined Hammerfall, The Evergreycrew
wish him all the best in the future.He is still a good friend of the band.New songs has been recorded and are being recorded ,Tom and Henrik are doing all the bass playing in the studio at this moment,so that is not an issue .Jonas and Rikard are also participating writing lyrics and music for the new album.The recording session is supposed to be done by the end of the summer, the new album will be launched before Christmas.And for all Fans out there, this album is HEAVY,in my ears probably the heaviest they have done.After releasing the new album they will start touring .By that time a bassplayer is in the band ( hired or permanent future will tell...)There are also some new Endorsment contracts being negotiated at this time.it's still to early to announce yet. Also a new label is being sourced.More to come on that point.Like I wrote in this thread ,from now on we will be more active at this forum.I will try to anwer as many questions as I can , also the boys will be more active ,My job in this band is to deal with daily issues,sort out sponsorship, make sure the band gets full Endorsment of gear that they use and just deal with all issues that pops up.At least I hope that this thread will answer some of your questions about Evergrey.There is much to come.We are looking forward to see and hear from you.

Kind regards

Z.P
Evergrey Business Cordinator

Cool. Good stuff EGC.
I'm sure we also would have been equally happy with a regular updating of the EG site with the news, but it will be cool to have the boys jump on in their spare time!

Yes, thank you very much for stopping by and giving us fans a much needed update. I am very excited at the prospect of getting regular updates and to have the boys stop by from time to time will be an extra bonus - just make sure that it doesn't interfere with the delivery of the new album! :)

I love the Idea that the new Album/CD is going to be HEAVY...I can't wait for the release and then the tour. I need my Evergrey fix...Keep up the good work guys...till then I guess I'll just keep playing all the other cd's :headbang:

that's awesome i can't wait for this new album evergrey sits in my #1 band spot. sounding HEAVY is music to my ears..and i haven't heard any of it yet shit i'm pumped hey hey evergreyyyyy!!! i also found an interview with jonas talking about reactions from monday morning apocalypse and more.... good stuff.. :headbang: EVERGERY KICK ASSS!!!!!! :worship:

Justin Donnelly of Blistering.com recently conducted an interview with EVERGREY drummer Jonas Ekdahl. A couple of excerpts from the chat follow:

On the band's last release, "Monday Morning Apocalypse":

"Some of the old EVERGREY fans thought that we were too commercial-sounding on the album, but then there were the newer fans that really thought the album was awesome. Now, a year later, I think the album has grown on people because there are fewer complaints now. There will always be people that tell you that you should have done this rather than that. You'll always hear criticism, but sometimes that's a good thing. But if it's not constructive, then that's another thing."

"The groove aspect of the music was becoming more and more important to us. The music was now a little more than just being able to show off your skills as a musician or simply an avenue to play all this cool stuff at certain moment. For myself, locking into a groove and playing that in a synchronized manner is far cooler than simply showing off the technical side of my abilities. It's actually quite hard to make a single and easy beat sound groovy. Trying to get that feel and all the other members within that same zone so that you feel like one big unit is a challenge in itself. It's a good feeling when you can achieve that. I mean, I love the technical side of the band as well, but I think being able to find that AC/DC-like channeled groove is amazing. AC/DC don't do anything fancy whatsoever, but they keep everything within the frame, and it sounds so great.

"We also focused on writing songs that were more direct-sounding, sort of rock structured songs in a metal sense, while incorporating a lot of cool melodies and extra parts and expanding them for three or four minutes. We just wanted to do something new, just like we always do when we go in to make any new album."

On the band's upcoming CD:

"It's a bit heavier-sounding. I would even go as far as to say that it's perhaps not as direct as 'Monday Morning Apocalypse' was. It's also a lot more guitar-sounding and structured. Perhaps you could say that we're gone back a step, but in another way we haven't as well. I think it sounds new and fresh. We're using a lot of guitar melodies and a lot of cool riffs. The bottom line is that there are a lot more guitars."

On the band's bassist situation following the departure of Fredrik Larsson (who has rejoined power metal act HAMMERFALL):

"As of right now, we don't actually have a permanent bass player in EVERGREY. But having said that, Larsson has agreed to play the dates that we have scheduled until the end of summer [July]. After that, he's going to do some HAMMERFALL shows. So we're secure in the knowledge that we don't have to find a new bass player straight away. That takes a little bit of the pressure off us.

"In regards to a replacement, we don't have anyone lined up. There's been so much going on with the writing of the new album that we haven't really turned our attention towards that yet. We're very grateful that Larsson is willing to help us out with the shows throughout the summer, so we have time to discuss a new replacement."

On the band's label situation after fulfilling its contractual obligations to InsideOut Music:

"Right now we don't have a label. We have been in contact with a bunch of labels, and there are a lot of interested parties out there at the moment. It feels really good. We'll just have to see what happens. We have one that we're very interested in, and hopefully we can figure something out and make a good deal for the pair of us."

Thanks for the newsbit Z.P. Some of us are going to be at the Bang Your Head festival in Germany in a couple of weeks to see Evergrey, can you tell us who is going to play bass on that gig since Fredrik has a Hammerfall date in another country the same day?

They allways say it's gonna be heavy and dark...

fuck that shit...:p

you're right mate but after MMA i'm starting to get worry, i don't know about you but i wouldn't call MMA a heavy album.
DARK and HEAVY, that's what really matter isn't it ? so, i'm just anxious about the next one. :headbang:
and fuck that shit for sure
see ya bro :wave:

Hi Folks!

On the behalf of Evergrey , we will improve the participation and try to be more proactive at this forum.The boys will start to interact more on a regular basis at this forum.So this WILL improve for sure.I will start to tell you about the current situation, since there has been very quiet about the band.As you all know, Fredrik Larsson was the temporary bass player after Michael left. Fredrik has now re-joined Hammerfall, The Evergreycrew
wish him all the best in the future.He is still a good friend of the band.New songs has been recorded and are being recorded ,Tom and Henrik are doing all the bass playing in the studio at this moment,so that is not an issue .Jonas and Rikard are also participating writing lyrics and music for the new album.The recording session is supposed to be done by the end of the summer, the new album will be launched before Christmas.And for all Fans out there, this album is HEAVY,in my ears probably the heaviest they have done.After releasing the new album they will start touring .By that time a bassplayer is in the band ( hired or permanent future will tell...)There are also some new Endorsment contracts being negotiated at this time.it's still to early to announce yet. Also a new label is being sourced.More to come on that point.Like I wrote in this thread ,from now on we will be more active at this forum.I will try to anwer as many questions as I can , also the boys will be more active ,My job in this band is to deal with daily issues,sort out sponsorship, make sure the band gets full Endorsment of gear that they use and just deal with all issues that pops up.At least I hope that this thread will answer some of your questions about Evergrey.There is much to come.We are looking forward to see and hear from you.

Kind regards

Z.P
Evergrey Business Cordinator

Shit band