www.kingsofthenight.com
EVERGREY - THE STORM WITHIN ALBUM DETAILS REVEALED; VIDEO TRAILER STREAMING

Release date is September 9.
Pre-orders at this location.

evergreyalbumjune.jpg

Trailer 1:

Last edited:
Reactions: MysticX9 and Kez
EVERGREY ANNOUNCE THE STORM WITHIN ALBUM RELEASE LISTENING PARTY AT PROGPOWER USA 2016

"... Tom Englund, frontman for Sweden's Evergrey, has issued the following update:

"Attention ProgPower USA peeps! Henrik and I will be in Atlanta this September once again to promote our new album, The Storm Within that comes out the same week as the festival! We are going to host a special album release listening party on Thursday, September 8th at Center Stage - time and location still TBA. You'll find out as soon as we know!
The new album, as well as exclusive Evergrey merch will be available for sale over there too, so you Americans can save a bit on shipping! :)
See you in Atlanta and get ready to party with Evergrey!...."

Can't say I'm a fan, it sounds like a stripped down interpretation of a cross between Monday Morning Apocalypse and Hymns for the Broken. I'll still give the album a shot since singles can be deceiving, but it sounded like a pretty big step backwards from Hymns.

Sounds awesome. These guys keep getting better. Using detuned guitars here or a 7 string? No 7 string used in the video, though.

Can't wait to hear more..

I love the chorus but the verse doesn't hit me like "King of Errors" did... I really want to hear it within the context of the whole album... Listening to it leads me to believe it is just a part of a larger story, hearing/knowing the larger story may change my view on it. I did love the solo!

Last edited:
Sounds like something that could have been on The Inner Circle

Last edited by a moderator:
ummm...wow

This album is the return to form that I wanted HftB to be. This makes me wonder how much of HftB was written before they brought the back the former members. This has quite a few songs that sound like vintage Evergrey (uptempo, catchy). I have been a pretty vocal critic of the last three albums, but for me this album sounds like the band I fell in love with.

ummm...wow

This album is the return to form that I wanted HftB to be. This makes me wonder how much of HftB was written before they brought the back the former members. This has quite a few songs that sound like vintage Evergrey (uptempo, catchy). I have been a pretty vocal critic of the last three albums, but for me this album sounds like the band I fell in love with.
Are you basing your thoughts on the two songs they've released or have you heard the whole thing via promo/leak?