EVERGREY: The Storm Within

From the Evergrey FB page:
"People going to ProgPower USA and the Evergrey RELEASE PARTY! You MUST check this out as vinyls are VERY limited and the shirt is specially made just for you guys with a different back than the European one! We can't wait to meet the family again!"

http://ccepresents.bigcartel.com/category/evergrey

"***FOR PICKUP EXCLUSIVELY AT PROG POWER USA 2016 @ EVERGREY MERCH BOOTH - THESE ITEMS WILL NOT BE SHIPPED***
****PAYPAL ACCT. / PURCHASER NAME WILL BE ON A LIST AT MERCH BOOTH - PLEASE SHOW THE ID OF THE PURCHASER TO REDEEM PREORDER****"

Reactions: Mardoch
From the Evergrey FB page:
"People going to ProgPower USA and the Evergrey RELEASE PARTY! You MUST check this out as vinyls are VERY limited and the shirt is specially made just for you guys with a different back than the European one! We can't wait to meet the family again!"

http://ccepresents.bigcartel.com/category/evergrey

"***FOR PICKUP EXCLUSIVELY AT PROG POWER USA 2016 @ EVERGREY MERCH BOOTH - THESE ITEMS WILL NOT BE SHIPPED***
****PAYPAL ACCT. / PURCHASER NAME WILL BE ON A LIST AT MERCH BOOTH - PLEASE SHOW THE ID OF THE PURCHASER TO REDEEM PREORDER****"
Secure myself a disc and a shirt? Why yes, I believe I will. Thank you very much, sir.

My apologies if I missed it, but has a specific time been announced for the release party on Thursday, Sept. 8?

My apologies if I missed it, but has a specific time been announced for the release party on Thursday, Sept. 8?

Not yet. There is a delay by Center Stage because of an unknown load-in for a non fest show on Thursday. We should have the info next week. The only thing I can tell you is it will probably be lunch/early afternoon hours.

From the ProgPower USA FB page:
"Evergrey's "The Storm Within" Release Listening Party will be 12pm - 2pm on Thursday, Sept. 8 in Vinyl with music starting at 12:30pm.

Please note this event will be open to the public with a capacity of only 250 attendees. It's first come, first serve entry with no ticket required.

Tom Englund and Henrik Danhage will be in attendance with the new CD and merch for purchase."

Just bought Evergrey's new album a couple of days ago. "The Storm Within" is very solid, and is just as good (if not better) as "Hymns of the Broken". I love both of them, and yet they are different. Its amazing to me how some artists such as Evergrey can continue to produce high quality music such as this that can be clearly so different from previous efforts. "The Storm WIthin" is an amazing album in its own right. Congrats and thanks to Englund & Co. for this new album.

After listening to this from start to finish 5+ times, it is way too soon to rank this within their catalog for me. I will say that it is probably my favorite set of lyrics and I can follow the journey fluidly from beginning to end. Very touching words that I find easy to relate to personally. "The Storm Within" was surprising to me as it has to be Evergrey's most uplifting/positive sounding song they have ever written from a mood standpoint...it's absolutely beautiful and is my favorite on the disc, right ahead of "Disconnect". Once again this band has not disappointed and delivered a stellar, impacting, top shelf piece of musical genius!

I definitely think the new one is better than Hymns. It's more varied in the tempos, the playing seems to emote more. I want to hear more songs like "My Allied Ocean" on the follow up. That's the kind of songwriting and playing that made me like Evergrey in the first place. I still feel like the more recent albums have sort of a contrived atmosphere rather than an organic one but it's better on this one than the last one.

Moving in the right direction. I like it.

I haven't made it to the album yet (my week after PPUSA is always brutal and terrible), but I did listen to the cover of Paranoid because my curiosity was super piqued. I love it. It's not "Everygrey plays Sabbath," it's one of those where the band transforms the tune. Very cool and different.