EVERGREY: The Storm Within

Moody atmospheric Evergrey. Who woulda thunk it??? It's a great song, just not what I would expect as a second single. Has Evergrey taken any mis-steps in the comeback? nope...

From Evergrey Facebook page:
Evergrey North American Tour with Seven Kingdoms, Need and Ascendia:

May 2017
6 - The Haven - Orlando, FL
7 - The Orpheum - Tampa, FL
9 - Scout Bar - Houston, TX
10 - Gas Monkey - Dallas, TX
11 - The Rock Box - San Antonio, TX
14 - Brick By Brick - San Diego, CA
15 - LVCS - Las Vegas, NV
17 - LVCS - Las Vegas, NV
20 - Studio Seven - Seattle, WA
21 - The Rickshaw Theater - Vancouver, BC
22 - Dickens Pub - Calgary, AB
26 - Reggie's - Chicago, IL
30 - L'Anti Bar & Spectacles - Quebec City

Got this cd and have to say that this one is not sitting with me. The last cd was AWESOME!! It just clicked. 2nd best in their catalogue for me. Right behind In search of truth. This one I am struggling to grab hold of the melodies. However, in saying this - the song with Tom and Floor sharing vocal duties is AMAZING. I will give this one more spins but so far this one is not grabbing hold like the last one. This may be a grower and not an immediate grab.

Brand

I went to the New Orleans show last night. All of the acts were great.

Evergrey played just shy of two hours. The show, being on a Monday, was not weill attended. Really sucks for them, it's been over 10 years since they have been here (and that was opening for In Flames)

the order may be a little off, but this was essentially the NOLA show. There was also a sweet piano solo from Rik in there. Couple things really surprised me, nothing from ISOT, and no Blinded. I really dug the set as I havent seen them live since the MMA era, so the focus on newer stuff was really nice (for me anyways)

1. Passing Through
  2. The Fire
  3. Leave it Behind Us
  4. Distance
  5. Black Undertow
  6. Still in the Water
  7. Monday Morning Apocalypse
  8. In Orbit
  9. Words Mean Nothing
  10. My Allied Ocean
  11. Broken Wings
  12. The Grand Collapse
  13. Guitar Solo
  14. Recreation Day
  15. A Touch of Blessing
  16. King of Errors
Edit - a New Dawn was also in here somewhere.

Last edited:
Reactions: Troy the nomad
I went to the New Orleans show last night. All of the acts were great.

Evergrey played just shy of two hours. The show, being on a Monday, was not weill attended. Really sucks for them, it's been over 10 years since they have been here (and that was opening for In Flames)

the order may be a little off, but this was essentially the NOLA show. There was also a sweet piano solo from Rik in there. Couple things really surprised me, nothing from ISOT, and no Blinded. I really dug the set as I havent seen them live since the MMA era, so the focus on newer stuff was really nice (for me anyways)

1. Passing Through
  2. The Fire
  3. Leave it Behind Us
  4. Distance
  5. Black Undertow
  6. Still in the Water
  7. Monday Morning Apocalypse
  8. In Orbit
  9. Words Mean Nothing
  10. My Allied Ocean
  11. Broken Wings
  12. The Grand Collapse
  13. Guitar Solo
  14. Recreation Day
  15. A Touch of Blessing
  16. King of Errors
Edit - a New Dawn was also in here somewhere.
Personally I was hoping for more older stuff (and a denser crowd), but I still had a good time. Ascendia, Need, and Seven Kingdoms were all very solid acts as expected.

And as a bonus I didn't die driving home OR fall asleep at work today!

Reactions: Troy the nomad
Personally I was hoping for more older stuff (and a denser crowd), but I still had a good time. Ascendia, Need, and Seven Kingdoms were all very solid acts as expected.

And as a bonus I didn't die driving home OR fall asleep at work today!

I agree. Monday's are rough to begin with, I did all I could, I bought three shirts, meet and greets, and got 2-3 people out there who wouldnt have attended otherwise. It really was a great show.

Reactions: Mardoch
Saw this tour the other night. Much like at Progpower, Need just about stole the show. Their performance was so good and full of energy, I could watch them play every night. Ascendia was solid too, they sound great live especially the vocals. Seven Kingdoms were not bad, just not my thing musically.

Evergrey were enjoyable, but a little disappointing overall. I am guessing Tom was still fighting the flu. The setlist was a song or two shorter than previous stops. And speaking of setlists, it was baffling. ISOT, The Inner Circle, and Recreation Day are arguably their most popular albums and they played 2 songs total from them. I get it when bands want to tour on their new albums, but their over-reliance on the last two albums for material left the crowd a little flat.

Reactions: Kez