Evergrey to play NYC before Progpower!

What kind of bullshit is that. Evergrey playing NY and opening for Arch Enemy! TIGHT! Well, as you said, at least it is a second chance to see them play! Can't fuckin wait!

YtseJammer said:
@ L'Amours...

August 28th...

Too bad they're opening for Arch Enemy..

Either way, Evergrey twice in one week! :hotjump:

Does anyone else really have trouble understanding why everyone likes Arch Enemy so damn much? Ok, they have a girl singer, so what? So does Shadow, and I like them much better. I don't need Angela Gossow shoved down my throat every time I pick up a metal magazine. And I wish people would give Tuomas from Nightwish a little bit of credit. I mean, an opera singer in a metal band is a great idea, but there are lots of opera singers out there who are just as good, if not better, than Tarja. No one seems to care that Tuomas writes all the music.

I'll be there.

Personally, I prefer Evergrey to Arch Enemy by a wide margin. That being said, Arch Enemy is pretty cool. I think most people like them due to the guitar playing of the Arnott brothers. Their new CD, "Anthems of Rebellion" is a keeper. I'm interested to see a woman pull off brutal Death vocals live. Should be a cool show.

GZ

I wouldn't get too excited about this until it's confirmed by Evergrey or Inside Out... many venues (Jaxx is notorious for this) put false shows on their itinerary... (anyone remember that Symphony X/Amon Amarth/Beyond the Embrace show Jaxx had on their website?)

I talked to Eric Corbin (PR guy for IOMA) at the Dream Theater/Queensryche/Fates Warning show in Pittsburgh... and he said they were bringing Evergrey over for a HEADLINING tour... specifically, he mentioned a Pittsburgh show at the Rex Theater (which would be amazing).... but you never know... maybe plans have changed