Evergrey's Glorious Collison (with my wallet)

On another note.....did anyone else notice that the tracklisting on the back of the CD and booklet is wrong?

Track 9 is actually "The Disease..."
Track 10 is actually "It Comes From Within"
Track 11 is actually "Free"

I can't believe someone from the record company didn't catch that. The packaging is really nice otherwise.

Haha the font is kinda weird and I thought the song was called "Tree"

Did I miss the point of your rant, or was your rant really pointless?

The man just wanted to vent something that was on his mind...nonsense or not.

Good for you being so controlled with your human emotions that you have never needed a moment to rant about nothing.

The point, besides just general venting/griping, was to lament that a lot of the same recording industry folks who complain about people not buying CDs anymore are (at least in part) responsible for trying to sell those CDs for ridiculous prices thus further digging their own graves.

That and I want to say how good the new Evergrey album is :)

being a label i completely agree on the pricing structure being STILL out of whack now in 2011, but with that being said SPV/Steamhammer is a European label with US Distribution so i have noticed (i too am a FYE shopper) that their list prices are MUCH higher than US based labels like Century Media/Nuclear Blast. yes, those labels are actually based in Germany i know, but they have had US offices/stronghold for many years now.

now, i don't know the specifics if SPV cds are manufactured here by whatever company distributes them or not, but quick glance that could be explaination. the Angra and Powerworld discs are outrageously priced as well at FYE, both too on SPV.

just something to toss out there for consideration.

i do agree with pricing issues being a major CD consumer myself. i bitch at FYE and Best Buy all the time on pricing. i KNOW they are offered discounts not only on bulk, but for first month usually distributors offer a discounted priced to spur on big first week orders. sometimes this is passed along to consumers sometimes not. my recent beef with larger chains is not even carrying BIG TITLES this first week. my best buy didn't even have the CROWBAR until week #2 of release?!

i try and keep my reissues at $12.99 whenever possibly and if i can do less on lesser known artists i do that when i can as well.