Every CD I've purchased in 2004:

Jim LotFP

The Keeper of Metal
Jun 7, 2001
Helsinki, Finland
www.lotfp.com
Scuffling through my receipts and order confirmations and such... stuff I actually plunked money down for (I probably missed a couple here or there, but oh well):

* signifies I already had the complete album as a promo but wanted the full booklet and packaging, or had a previous edition of the album and am updating. All the others were blind buys.

() signifies I wasted my money because they suck or were just not really worth spending money on

? means it hasn't arrived yet so I dunno if it blows or not.

()Alchemist- Austral Alien
*Amaran- Pristine in Bondage
Ancient Wisdom- Cometh Doom Cometh Death
*Apotheosis- Farthest From the Sun
*Ásmegin- Hin Vordende Sod & Sø
*Atrox- Orgasm
Ayreon- The Human Equation box
()Black League, The- Man's Ruin Revisited
*Cynic- Focus reissue
Disharmonic Orchestra- Pleasuredome
Dornenreich- Bitter Ists, Dem Tod Zu Dienen
Dusk- Jahilia
*Ephel Duath- The Painter's Palette
?Esoteric- Subconscious Dissolution Into The Continuum
()Fintroll- Trollhammaren
*Gathering, The- Sleepy Buildings
*Kayo Dot- Choirs of the Eye
Lamented Souls- Origins of Misery
()Lilitu- Delores Lesion
()Macabre- Macabre Minstrels
*Mörk Gryning- Maelstrom Chaos
*Mörk Gryning- Pieces of Primal Expressionism
Nightingale- Invisible
*Omen- 20th Anniversary Box
*Orphaned Land- Mabool
()Probot- s/t
*Katatonia- Brave Yesterdays
Reverend Bizarre- Harbinger of Metal
()Sirenia- An Elixir For Existence
?Sleepytime Gorilla Museum- Of Natural History
*Sonata Arctica- Winterheart's Guild
()TOC- Loss Angeles
Tyr- Olavur Riddararos
Tyr- How Far To Asgaard
Tyr- Olavur Riddararos
()Vintersorg- The Focusing Blue
*Witchcraft- s/t
*Wolverine- Cold Light of Monday
?Woods of Ypres- Pursuit Of The Sun & Allure Of The Earth

... and $500 for a Wuthering Heights concert I didn't get to see. (my fault, but still supremely maddening)

super fucking duper, do want a brownie button or something? Buying and possessing cds, is a spectacular accomplishment, perhaps you would like to talk about these possessions? Or maybe post in the latest purchases thread?

Sarcastic moment- sorry

speed said:
super fucking duper, do want a brownie button or something?

I'm trying to cut down. Got any buttons in granola?

speed said:
Buying and possessing cds, is a spectacular accomplishment, perhaps you would like to talk about these possessions?

OK. What do you want to know, specifically?

speed said:
Or maybe post in the latest purchases thread?

They aren't 'latest purchases.' Except 4 of them. Which isn't much out of the list.

Sheesh. Make a thread in a forum one reads all the time... and gets a SOT response. yay!

Jim LotFP said:
?Esoteric- Subconscious Dissolution Into The Continuum
*Kayo Dot- Choirs of the Eye
Lamented Souls- Origins of Misery
Reverend Bizarre- Harbinger of Metal
*Witchcraft- s/t

:kickass:

The goodies.

Now go and get the other Reverend Bizarre releaes. :wave:

In The Rectory of The Bizarre Reverend is a lot less groovy and a lot more DOOMY than Harbinger of Metal. You really cannot go wrong with RB. They can evoke emotions w/i anyone with their Vitus-esque/Warning-esque approach. Get the re-release of In The Rectory... which comes with another "EP", actually full-length, CD with new unreleased songs which supposedly fucking dominate. I'll be the witness in a few days. :headbang:

In The Rectory.. is definitely my favorite. You cannot go wrong with songs like "Hour of Death." It sends shivers down my spine.

So I've decided that Wolverine's Cold Light of Monday is a 2004 release. That's what it says at librariusmetallicus, and that's what it fucking says on my CD, so faakk yoo if you're insisting it's a 2003 release.

Besides, I needed one more entry for the top 10 list and this one seals the deal. :loco:

JayKeeley said:
So I've decided that Wolverine's Cold Light of Monday is a 2004 release. That's what it says at librariusmetallicus, and that's what it fucking says on my CD, so faakk yoo if you're insisting it's a 2003 release.

Besides, I needed one more entry for the top 10 list and this one seals the deal. :loco:

It was out October in Europe, I do believe.

I'm not in any way claiming this is a '2004 releases list', some of that stuff is quite a few years old (Tyr, Disharmonic Orchestra, Dornenreich...)

I wasn't implying that his list was 2004 only, I just used this thread for a passing comment since he listed said album.

Anyway, our rules for Europe vs. USA are out the window. Plus, it says 2004 on my CD so what can a man do? I'll tell you what he can do, he can list it in his top 10 list, that's what he can do. Just as he will list Drudkh in his list. Oh yes.

NicodemiX said:
I think the rule should be: If it says 2004 on the album, then it is 2004 (unless its a re-release)
That's what I follow at work. c2004=this year. Um... yeah.

JayKeeley said:
Anyway, our rules for Europe vs. USA are out the window. Plus, it says 2004 on my CD so what can a man do? I'll tell you what he can do, he can list it in his top 10 list, that's what he can do. Just as he will list Drudkh in his list. Oh yes.

Damn. I'm way strict. If something was released in Japan only the last week of, say, 2003, and nowhere else til , say, April 2004... it's a 2003 release to me. And it misses out on both year end lists. :p

Jim LotFP said:
Damn. I'm way strict. If something was released in Japan only the last week of, say, 2003, and nowhere else til , say, April 2004... it's a 2003 release to me. And it misses out on both year end lists. :p
That's pretty much the way I see it. I don't understand this need to have a certain album in a year end list. If you missed out on it the year it was released, too bad.

top tens can be fun, but yeah, they are irrelevant really. that being said, I'll robably just list my faves f the year, in no order.