Evidence, single

ether

°°§°°
Jan 14, 2002
Visit site
If I understood well, "Evidence" is the new single...It seems there will be a teaser before the coming out of "Viva Emptiness", which are the songs on it? Any unreleased ones?

Originally posted by ether
If I understood well, "Evidence" is the new single...It seems there will be a teaser before the coming out of "Viva Emptiness", which are the songs on it? Any unreleased ones?

Sounds cool, from where did you get your info? I hope they'll add some songs that didn't go with the album, like they did with the others. Maybe an accoustic track would be awesome too!

Originally posted by abyssofdreams
Sounds cool, from where did you get your info? I hope they'll add some songs that didn't go with the album, like they did with the others. Maybe an accoustic track would be awesome too!
Actually I don't remember where I got that piece of info...and I'm not so sure about "evidence" being a single, but I'm 90% sure there will be a Cd single like it has been with "Tonights music" for LFDGD.

Well.. the 3 track promo cd has "ghost of the sun" on the cover..
( and they named the tour "ghost of the spring" )
so I'm guessing that's the first single..

I heard the single.
I liked it, but I also hated it.
Katatonia are my favorite bands, they've been with me in my worst time and helped me out, they've shared with me my best times, only fans could understand the emotion and feelings of twilight I get each time I listen to Brave, or to Without God, or to Teargas, but this new single, it is not very Katatonia, the emotion it brought me is despair, but because of the future, they've lost their shine and my sky is pitch black, I don't like writing bad things but I do wish the band luck and best regards, I hope they'll enjoy the tour, I hope they're still carrying the passion, I hope they fulfilled their dream with this album, I am burning with desire for something different, but this wasn't what I expected.

Best of wishes
One of your biggest fans
Erez

Originally posted by Crimson Death
I heard the single.
I liked it, but I also hated it.
Katatonia are my favorite bands, they've been with me in my worst time and helped me out, they've shared with me my best times, only fans could understand the emotion and feelings of twilight I get each time I listen to Brave, or to Without God, or to Teargas, but this new single, it is not very Katatonia, the emotion it brought me is despair, but because of the future, they've lost their shine and my sky is pitch black, I don't like writing bad things but I do wish the band luck and best regards, I hope they'll enjoy the tour, I hope they're still carrying the passion, I hope they fulfilled their dream with this album, I am burning with desire for something different, but this wasn't what I expected.

Best of wishes
One of your biggest fans
Erez

I can understand you and this is the most horrible thing that i can imagine about Katatonia
I have not listen the album yet but in LFDGD i can sense they are begining to lose something although i love that album too.And i am expecting a superb album this time from Katatonia.
But whether we got what we expected or not we MUST love it because it is Katatonia :)

But whether we got what we expected or not we MUST love it because it is Katatonia :) [/B]

Yes, exactly this is one of the most discussed topics... I don't like that new Katatonia stuff to be honest. At least the one on that 3 track promo. It sound's Toolish, American and ... "Fucking" word I don't like when it's used that much. I've expected more calm rock stuff from them... more folky even.

But I like Paradise Lost for what they do now for example, and even Metallica... both bands passed through sudden changes in their music .

try to listen quiet world at dawn whether you are happy or not you can get into a sad mood
try to listen `brave murder day` or `discouraged ones` at the begining of the day.That songs can FUCK your life and can take the will of living.
i am bad at propostions (and also the other stuff) sorry! :(

Originally posted by Wanderer
try to listen quiet world at dawn whether you are happy or not you can get into a sad mood
try to listen `brave murder day` or `discouraged ones` at the begining of the day.That songs can FUCK your life and can take the will of living.
i am bad at propostions (and also the other stuff) sorry! :(

This is my entire point actually, if there was a word for despair, Katatonia will be it. And I do like the new single, in a way, but it's not Katatonia, IMHO, this is not real despair, it's something different.