Question for the band about the Evidence video

Misere Nobis

Apr 2, 2007
The Netherlands
I was just reading this old interview with Jonas:
http://www.vampire-magazine.com/article.php?aid=38488

He says the following:
In which extend do you think Viva Emptiness is going to bring KATATONIA to another level on the music market? Let us say more radio and television airplay, aiming at new groups of people. Because it all sounds very catchy.
It?s not something that we planned though, we?re pretty satisfied by taking things slow, one step at the time. I think it all depends on our record label because we did the album as good as we possibly could do it. We're also thinking of doing a video and so on, I think we?ll record one for the song Evidence, it?s kind of suitable for a video.

I was wondering why this never happened. Evidence seems indeed a perfect song for a video! I hope you will still record a video for it, but I know that will never happen haha.

it was the obvious "single" of viva emptiness, but at that time the label wasn't interested in releasing singles nor videos. lets say that has changed quite a bit today.

I'm glad it has changed cuz the videos are awesome. But it still is a shame there is not a video of that song. I would love to see that song visualized, now I have to use my imagination, oh well... haha

Anders: Did you have any plans for the Evidence video? Any thoughts?

yes ironic isn't it? out of the two singles for LFDGD we even shot a video for teargas that will most likely be included in the bonus section of the future dvd (yes the REAL dvd we've been talkin about forever).

yes ironic isn't it? out of the two singles for LFDGD we even shot a video for teargas that will most likely be included in the bonus section of the future dvd (yes the REAL dvd we've been talkin about forever).
Oh, cool! Didn't even know a Teargas video existed :)
And this dvd... I take it's not this upcoming May release?
Live Consternation? Indeed not that one.