Evidence Video?

Sever

New Metal Member
Aug 9, 2003
www.metalforums.com
Awhile back on here I read that Katatonia was making a video for evidence... did they? and if so, is there some place i could possibly find it?

Thanks for any help.

MorbidEnemy said:
Thats not true, they could play the video on L.A Metal, that is if they come back. FUCK MTV!!!:yell:

I completely understand the "fuck MTV" attitude, but think about it.
You think Peaceville is going to aim low with local tv channels? Or give the video to MTV for nationwide airplay?
I think Peaceville would like to push Katatonia as much as possible.
Plus, Headbanger's Ball would be a good place for anything Katatonia does for the US. Look at Opeth with their Windowpane video on Headbangers Ball.

I meant weren't they supposed to release a dvd with it on there? I was just wondering if it ever got made in the first place, a band like katatonia doesn't need to be played on MTV (i don't think their target audience could appreciate them).

Sever said:
I meant weren't they supposed to release a dvd with it on there?
Yes, it was said this video plus "teargas" (unreleased) are suppossed to be found on Cracow live DVD. And I hope so. Don't wanna have these ones released with repeated songs or on any medley stuff. And I don't intend to "stole" it from net or sorts.. Damn money. All sticks and no carrots.

yv said:
Yes, it was said this video plus "teargas" (unreleased) are suppossed to be found on Cracow live DVD. And I hope so. Don't wanna have these ones released with repeated songs or on any medley stuff. And I don't intend to "stole" it from net or sorts.. Damn money. All sticks and no carrots.

What is this DVD you keep talking about? Is it released? or just being planned? :)

BoF said:
What is this DVD you keep talking about? Is it released? or just being planned? :)
Ok, English grammar defeated me :)

Anyways, the band announced officially they would record DVD stuff while playing live in Cracow on "Ghost of the Spring" tour. Two videos we mentioned were supposed to be put on that DVD.. However, there were sound problems during that and other shows on the tour. Hope it won't affect the project.

Well, Opeth got a video on Headbanger's Ball so surely Katatonia could. I don't think it would hurt them...

Darkness Eternal said:
Well, Opeth got a video on Headbanger's Ball so surely Katatonia could. I don't think it would hurt them...

That's what I been trying to say :yell: but there's still some naysayers in here that say a KATATONIA video doesn't belong on MTV :ill:

ucsbdude said:
That's what I been trying to say :yell: but there's still some naysayers in here that say a KATATONIA video doesn't belong on MTV :ill:

It really doesn't. MTV really fucks up bands, it makes them mainstream. I know it's not up to me to decide who can and cant be a katatonia fan but MTV will attract a bunch of retards. I know us older members know how much the Opeth forum has been flooded with new fans, so many that they actually made a chat off topic. And that really sucks because it's really hard to find an interesting thread (about the band) in their own forum.

I don't really care if Katatonia become mainstream or not. I mean I'd *rather* them stay fairly underground, but in another way they deserve to be recognized. They've been putting out nothing but incredible albums and for those to go un noticed? I think they deserve it. I just hope it doesn't get to their heads....but I highly doubt that it would.